IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Union Assembly

+18
StrictLime
BALLINMONK
CivBase
Offensive Bias
PiEman
Gold Spartan
tiny tim
Baconsen
Elabajaba
nocbl2
dragoon9105
Kasrkin Seath
Ruski
Gauz
laxspartan007
Rotaretilbo
Tylertlat
BBJynne
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 31]

51World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Rotaretilbo

"Your statement is as ignorant and sweeping as saying that, all governments that were based around democracy and had a democratic government were in the past corrupt. Many oppressive nations were dictatorships, but not all dictatorships were oppressive in nature. Was everyone happy? No more so than any other form of government that has ever existed."

52World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:09 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

Name one successful modern dictatorship then if you will.

53World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Gauz

"I don't even know why we're still even discussing why we SHOULD have it in the NIC. Germany has already been proven to be a better nominee, and you certaintily shouldn't get any more votes is you keep up your steady stream of insults.

Germany has proven to be an excellent choice to host the UUU HQ for the time being, and I believe this discussion has gone on long enough, we're simply wasting time. The sooner the HQ is erected, the sooner the UUU can progress it's goals in the world."

54World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Elabajaba

The Glorious People's Republic of The Bering Strait would like to petition for a seat on the World Union.

55World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Rotaretilbo

"Examples of benevolent dictatorships? How about Napoleon Bonaparte of the French Empire, Anwar Sadat of Egypt, Alfredo Stroessner of the Republic of Paraguay, Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia, Józef Piłsudski of the Second Polish Republic, Ion Antonescu of Romania, Miklós Horthy of the Kingdom of Hungary, Deng Xiaoping of the People's Republic of China, Omar Torrijos of Panama, Park Chung-hee of South Korea, and Sukarno of Indonesia. All of these people were considered benevolent dictators who had absolute power and did not oppress their people."

56World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Baconsen

Baconsen

The UPSA Representative stands up and clears his throat.

"Now before I begin I must comment on Japan's last statement. We are not 'wasting time' as you say, we are trying to find a place for our HQ. This is a very important thing we must do. Now I shall begin."

The UPSA Representative shifts his feet and takes a deep breath.

"I have been sitting hear for a long time now, listening to each side of the argument with most interest. What I am about to say comes from an outside view of the situation, so please there is no offense intended, it is all observation. To state what I believe quickly, neither Germany nor Antarctica are prime places to establish headquarters for the WU's headquarters. But let me go into detail why."

The UPSA Representative takes a pause to collect all his thoughts.

"Let's begin with Antarctica. There is one thing I have against having the headquarters here. One, which Germany stressed quite strongly, is the environment of the land. I know the NIC have stated that they can easily accommodate the WU in a safe manner, but there are risks. The facility is underground. What if an earthquake or cave in occurs during one of our sessions? Something as dreadful as this shouldn't be risked. Not to mention the icebergs around Antarctica as well. it would be saddening sending a representative over for discussing a peace treaty, only to find out they died after hitting an iceberg close to harbor. I am sorry to say this," The UPSA Representative turns towards the NIC, "but it is not wise to have our headquarters there."

"Now to begin with Germany. One thing I must question is something that Germany constantly stated about its nation. Neutrality. You state that no agreement has been reached, yet you have Japan here constantly defending you as if you were its brother. I do not know if this was intentional or not, but this leads me to question your pledge of neutrality and with that your motives. Now let me ask you this, what is the real reason you want the headquarters to be in Germany? You are fighting for this right as if it was your child. And this causes me to have doubt in having the WU stationed in Germany."

The UPSA Representative clears his throat once more.

"This leads me to two choices remaining, China and Usonia. Clearly none of the most talkative nations want either of them to be the location of the WU for varies reasons. So I have an offer to the World Union. Have it placed in my nation, South Africa. I will not try to sell this offer out to everyone. I'm merely trying to appease the many sides in this argument. Each nation is accusing one of bias, so what better choice then to choose the location is unbiased? I would like each nation, even the one's who have yet to talk, to comment on this idea, but please do so in a polite manner. This is a discussion amongst nations, not a hateful debate."

57World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:30 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

One of the representatives of Sahara Confederacy speaks out loudly against the NIC representative: "Your comments are ridiculous! Many of the Sahara states are rules by legitimate military governments, as are other countries within this World Union. Your obvious bias against any form of government but your own, as evidenced by your constant declarations of democracy as an inherently positive marker of your nation to be choses for headquarters location. Democracy is a viable form of government, but you cannot be so arrogant as to assume it is superior to all others."

The representative of Sibaristan stands and speaks quickly before anyone can respond, "I believe the Nation Imperial Coalition is unfit to be a member of this Union formed to promote stability, based on its disruptive comments."

New Guinea is also quick to add short comment: "Let's not be hasty here."

https://nations.forumotion.com

58World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

the diplomat sits up

I mispoke before, I simple dont wish the Headquarters of the union to be placed in Germany. The Headquarters should be on neutral ground. Germany pleads neutrality but a truly neutral nation doesn't need a standing army as large as what Germany has. A Headquarters in germany will show that the union values militarism over anything else, while militarism is a fine belief for some, the headquarters should represent the world's beliefs as a whole.

If all those participating are so adamant against a headquarters being place in antartica. Then perhaps a compromise can be reached for a new location, But the NIC will not tolerate the headquarters being established in germany if it must be in europe It should be in London or Geneva.

59World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:57 pm

tiny tim

The newly formed nation of Gibraltaria would like to request a seat on the UUU.

(After joining)"As the representative of the Gibraltarian people, I would like to express our support for Germany as the host nation for the UUU headquarters. As a nation close to a majority of the member nations it will be easy for all diplomats to reach, and it is most likely to contain a larger percentage of other nation's cultures in it, meaning it will be less likely for German culture to expand into the UUU."

60World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Rotaretilbo

"Japan's backing of Germany is of their own volition, and not based on an obligation. Considering that they sought us out concerning the potential formation of a league, it is not surprising that they would back Germany. It is of my personal opinion that the Japanese representatives are too quick to take offense and too blunt in their defense, but we appreciate the gesture, nonetheless.

Now, let us return to history. Switzerland was long known as being a neutral nation. Can we all agree on this?" Pauses, allowing for heads to nod to add dramatic effect. "But did you know that Switzerland also had one of the single largest standing, well trained armies in the 21st century? Neutrality is guaranteed by the force to back it up. During the World Wars, no one dared invade Switzerland, for it was a very very potent opponent. In fact, every man and woman of Switzerland was once required to serve two years in the military, such that, should Switzerland ever be invaded, nearly the entire adult populous could rise up against the invaders in an organized, trained fashion. So do not lecture me about the truth of neutrality.

As for the UPSA, the average distance from a UUU member other than the UPSA and the UPSA is 6700 miles. In that regard, it is not exactly ideal. Our objections to the UPSA as host are no more serious than our objections of Usonia or China. Any would make a good host. Germany is just the most ideal of the four.

However, we agree that Geneva would be an ideal location for the UUU headquarters, given the historic value of the location coupled with the geographical convenience previously established. As it happens, I have just received word that the independent state of Geneva has joined the German Empire. Should the German Empire be chosen as the host nation, Geneva will be the hosting city of the UUU headquarters."

61World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 am

Gauz

"Very well then, I will comment. We hearby change our vote from hosting the UUU Head Quarters from Germany to South Africa. Originally the Japanese Empire were to nominate an African nation to hold the HQ in their nation. As it turns out, we see no problems with holding it in South Africa."

62World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:16 am

nocbl2

dragoon9105 wrote:the diplomat sits up

I mispoke before, I simple dont wish the Headquarters of the union to be placed in Germany. The Headquarters should be on neutral ground. Germany pleads neutrality but a truly neutral nation doesn't need a standing army as large as what Germany has. A Headquarters in germany will show that the union values militarism over anything else, while militarism is a fine belief for some, the headquarters should represent the world's beliefs as a whole.

If all those participating are so adamant against a headquarters being place in antartica. Then perhaps a compromise can be reached for a new location, But the NIC will not tolerate the headquarters being established in germany if it must be in europe It should be in London or Geneva.
You said it should be on neutral ground. Antarctica os your ground. As I suggested before, an island in the Pacific or Atlantic would be a good location, as it is neutral.

63World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:03 pm

Rotaretilbo

"As has already been pointed out, an island on the Pacific or Atlantic would favor nations with ports. Several members of the UUU are landlocked, after all. Not to mention that the local inhabitants of such an island might object to the UUU taking over. The UUU headquarters should be on the soil of a UUU member, not some third party. The German Empire would be satisfied with the UUU headquarters in Geneva, Usonia, China, or the UPSA. The NIC's climate is simply too harsh to be practical."

64World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 pm

laxspartan007

"if that is the case, i will change my nation's vote, to UPSA"

65World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Rotaretilbo

"An issue of great importance has just been brought to our attention. Under what premise does the UUS invade the independent state of Canberra? And why has war not been declared in any international forum, such as the UUU?"

(I'm calling AU40 Canberra unless BB provides an official name)

66World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:34 pm

laxspartan007

(news doesnt travel that fast)

"i have not been informed of this eather, i will go contact President Henry as soon as possable"

67World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Rotaretilbo

We may not know yet of the NIC's impending invasion of Oates Land, but battle has been joined in Canberra; details would be sketchy, but the fact that the invasion has occurred would be somewhat common knowledge by now.

68World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:40 pm

laxspartan007

(shots have already been fired at the town in NIC battle, and independent forces dont have an international reporter in their country with a live broad cast, the battle has been going on for about 2 hours really...)

69World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:41 pm

tiny tim

(Seems to me that the deployment of UUS forces would have been reported on though.)

70World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Rotaretilbo

Shots were fired in Oates Land two hours ago. Your force showed up at Canberra two days ago.

71World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm

laxspartan007

(it may take 2 days out of game but in game its not close to that long)

72World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:56 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

Yes, it appears news just arrived *a secretary brings him some papers* Yes it appears that NIC Senate has declared War on a neighboring province for Housing escaped criminals and being a staging area for criminals. Any attempts at contact did not work. Ground forces will not engage the townspeople until they attempt to contact us in some way.

I was not aware of this issue in its urgency, the Intelligence suggests that the town militia had artillery platforms inside the city for the saftey of the NIC army the town was shelled. the NIC navy has since stopped firing and waits further orders from Col. Howlwind, the Commander on the scene.

This all occured 52 hours ago.

73World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Ruski

Ruski

The Moscow Union's Rep. faces the NIC Rep.

"The Moscow Union would like to request why this information was not relayed earlier? Why was there no attempt at a more precise attack on a supposed criminal-sponsoring militia, which has yet to be completely confirmed by the international community to be actual enemies of the UUU, that has probably cost the lives of numerous civilians?"

74World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Rotaretilbo

"I am surprised that you would claim Antarctica as a land 'never touched by war' when the NIC government was planning on invading an independent state on the supposed claim of housing criminals.

I would like to put forward a motion that the NIC pulls out of Oates Land until what time that the UUU can confirm the claims that have been made.

I would like to put forward a similar motion that the UUS pulls out of Canberra immediately and provides a justification for its actions. And that, when provided, this justification be investigated."

75World Union Assembly - Page 3 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:13 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

If you haven't noticed information too and from antartica can take a while. Also i'm assuming since this hasn't been the first time this region has given us trouble that the military has decided apon a more blunt tactics.

*flips to another paper*

NIC ground forcers have been ordered not to enter the town. The military is pretty intent that all nonmilitia weaponry should be taken out to prevent any further conflict. I have several photographs of the artillery emblacements and such. *Takes them out from the folder and passes them around the room*

I'm sure word will reach back to antartica in a few hours and the invasion will stop accordingly

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum