IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Union Assembly

+18
StrictLime
BALLINMONK
CivBase
Offensive Bias
PiEman
Gold Spartan
tiny tim
Baconsen
Elabajaba
nocbl2
dragoon9105
Kasrkin Seath
Ruski
Gauz
laxspartan007
Rotaretilbo
Tylertlat
BBJynne
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 31]

751World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 pm

laxspartan007

"the charter does not talk about how new members cant vote on subjects that started before they joined..."

752World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Rotaretilbo

"Let me rephrase. The vote for the headquarters predates any kind of structure or rules beyond a majority rules. It was the greatest example of what we didn't want votes to ever be like again."

753World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:18 pm

tiny tim

laxspartan007 wrote:"first, i belive you just called the UUS evil...i find that funny comeing from your nation..."

"second, we have said multiple times we would do just that, and we have been in contact with the germans on the subject and already set up a force to send in"

((That first part was a typo, I meant to say we don't mean to say this UUS is evil. Although I am curious as to why you think My nation is evil.))

"You sent forces into The war in South East Asia as well, but apart from moving around a bit they served no purpose whatsoever. To demonstrate in my eyes that you care about the world, your forces would have to play some sort of active role in the conflict, instead of just having troops present."

754World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:47 pm

CivBase

CivBase

tiny tim wrote:"Gibraltaria is not saying that the UUS is not evil, we only say that they do not seem to have reformed much, if at all, and thus should not be allowed to rejoin the World Union. Were they to somehow show that they are indeed dedicated to helping the world somehow, such as if they were to send forces with the World Union task force to Manchuria that actually help, then perhaps we would start too see something of a turn around in their behaviour. As they are now, it does not appear they have the World's best interests in mind.
"You are placing a very non-specific 'reform' requirement on the UUS which has never been mentioned - much less properly outlined - in the past. We admire this idea and would like to see Gibraltraria create a more effective system which we could then amend to the Charter, but it is not fair to press such rules on the UUS when they presently are not... well... present."

755World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:50 pm

tiny tim

"I'm not saying that it should be standard for anyone who's commitment is in question, or even that this should convince everyone, but I am saying that it is likely what it would take to earn my respect and blessing to join. certainly if you think of something else that the UUS could do, please speak your mind."

756World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:10 am

CivBase

CivBase

"We cannot pick and choose different standards for each nation."

757World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 pm

tiny tim

"The Charter leaves it open to personal opinion whether or not the nation in question is reformed. In my personal opinion that is what it would take to show me that the UUS is reformed. The Moscow Union may very well have a different opinion on how the UUS could show it's devotion. In that case the UUS could earn my vote by participating, but may not earn theirs.

758World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:31 pm

laxspartan007

"The UUS does not need to prove anything to you or moscow...weather you belive that we are helping in the campaign or not is up to you..."

759World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm

laxspartan007

"well, i guess the UUS is in the WU now"

760World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 am

Rotaretilbo

Vote Count: Allow United Utopian States into the World Union
Allow - 4 (German Empire, Nationally United Confederate Army, United Peoples of South Africa, New Guinea)
Disallow - 3 (Gibraltaria, Soviet Republic of the Moscow Union, Sahara Confederacy)
Abstain - 21 (Alaskan Nation, Democratic People’s Republic of Sibaristan, Denmark, Eagleland, Federated States of Bolivia, Finland, Greater Australian Republic, Iberia, Kola, Nation of Superior, National Imperial Coalition, New Viking Nation, Outback Confederacy, Razem Milicji, Union of Chicagoland, United Republic of Scandinavia, Usonia, Victoria)
4 Needed to Pass
Ended June 27

"The United Utopian States is now a member of the World Union."

761World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:09 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

The erratic representative from New Guinea rises to say something. He clears his throat and begins, "The world faces many threats today, but there is one that has yet been mostly untouched upon by this assembly. I cannot, in good peace of mind, allow such a threat to be ignored. Therefore, we propose that Gibraltaria be banned from the World Union permanently, with no ability to rejoin. Furthermore, the estimable government of New Guinea decrees that Gibraltaria be destroyed by the massed armies of the World Union, on account of being comprised of mangy Spaniards and African scum. Only then can the people of New Guinea, and the world at large, be free from their metaphorical stench."

https://nations.forumotion.com

762World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:33 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

A statement from DPRS Displaced Government ((not the DPRS representative)):
"In the wake of recent events, the DPRS finds itself with no territories in which to conduct our affairs. As such, we ask that a World Union member nation extend us hospitality to shelter in their territory."

https://nations.forumotion.com

763World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 pm

tiny tim

"Gibraltaria would like to ask the representative from New Guinea to please keep it's opinions to itself. We would also like to say that our doors are open to the government of the DPRS, should they choose to accept our aid."

764World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:55 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

"The NIC would like to extend an invitation for the DPRS to settle in the NIC's undeveloped antartic regions until such time that manchuria is defeated"

765World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:35 am

Rotaretilbo

"The German Empire is afraid that it will not allow the DPRS government-in-exile to establish itself on German soil, due to the nature of its in-exile status. While the World Union cannot fairly pass judgment on a nation it has so utterly failed, the people of Sibaristan certainly can, and have, and the German Empire will respect their decision."

766World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:01 am

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

"if we are judging character from a manchurian report we have truly lost all common sense."

767World Union Assembly - Page 31 Empty Re: World Union Assembly Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:31 am

Rotaretilbo

"Have you not been following recent events? The people of Sibaristan rose up and expelled the government. Manchuria does not yet hold all of Sibaristan."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum