IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joint Area Missile Shield Network

+11
Ruski
tiny tim
DARTH_ZTNEB
Tylertlat
BALLINMONK
dragoon9105
Gauz
Kasrkin Seath
nocbl2
StrictLime
CivBase
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 pm

tiny tim

Are you talking about the Charter? Because the terminology you used doesn't really make sense, since it's not Measure 1.8. I'll assume you were talking about Section 1.8 of the Charter though, but that wouldn't really work in this situation, as every example you have used so far involves the system shooting down any unauthorized missile, whether or not it contains a WMD.

77Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Rotaretilbo

Tim is technically right. 1.8 bans actively instigating or supporting unjust wars. Inaction does not infringe on this, and so it does not obligate us to get involved in every unjust war, let alone in every war to verify if it is just. Shooting down any missile not approved by the World Union has little to do with 1.8.

More importantly, you mentioned that JAMSNET wouldn't automatically shoot down cruise missiles. Because their flight time is measured in minutes, it would be unfeasible to react to them. Thus, we return to the argument that cruise missiles as a WMD first strike delivery system have impunity.

Not to mention that naval-launched cruise missiles, if not specifically authorized, will be difficult to identify nation of origin in the short time they are in flight. This is especially true with submarines. We could ban Manchurian cruise missiles, but we'd not be able to detect the nationality of a Manchurian cruise missile fired from a submarine in the Pacific, and so our ban would not be worth much.

78Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm

CivBase

CivBase

For the millionth time, JAMSNET will be able to determine the compounds of any missile. If it's a WMD, it will be destroyed regardless of the distance.

Again, you are arguing that we can't do things with modern tech and while that is true, this game is not played with modern tech.

79Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Rotaretilbo

I am arguing that this game is still based somewhat in realism, and that the tech to determine the molecular content of a sealed lead box in a cruise missile traveling at high speed from space, no less, is not just beyond us, but beyond comprehension. Hell, doing so with a motionless cruise missile from a few feet away is beyond comprehension.

And I am further arguing that if we can determine WMD from non-WMD, why shoot down all missiles, even if its just ICBMs, in the first place?

80Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 8:59 pm

CivBase

CivBase

Rotaretilbo wrote:I am arguing that this game is still based somewhat in realism, and that the tech to determine the molecular content of a sealed lead box in a cruise missile traveling at high speed from space, no less, is not just beyond us, but beyond comprehension. Hell, doing so with a motionless cruise missile from a few feet away is beyond comprehension.

And I am further arguing that if we can determine WMD from non-WMD, why shoot down all missiles, even if its just ICBMs, in the first place?
It is not at all beyond comprehension.

I didn't say we'd shoot down all missiles. Fine, we don't have to shoot down all ICBMs if you really don't want to.

81Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Rotaretilbo

Please explain how you propose to do the impossible, then. How do you determine the molecular makeup of the contents of a container without being able to get a sample of the contents.

82Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 10:01 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

Rotaretilbo wrote:Please explain how you propose to do the impossible, then. How do you determine the molecular makeup of the contents of a container without being able to get a sample of the contents.

just saying, the impossible has already been done in this game, just to name a few: space elevator, kill sats, militant space craft, mecha spiders, helicopter ambassadors (R.I.P. choppy) .

At this point can it actually happen probably shouldn't be a question.

83Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Rotaretilbo

Those things aren't impossible, they're just not yet possible. The magic involved with the outlined JAMSNET is impossible.

84Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sat May 14, 2011 11:48 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

Explain the demons in NEA 09 then hmm mr logic?

85Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 12:00 am

Rotaretilbo

String theory. The seventh through ninth dimension are possible universes with different starting conditions. A tear in the seventh dimension would allow for interdimensional beings that we might perceive as demons to enter our universe.

86Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 6:01 am

Baconsen

Baconsen

Rotaretilbo wrote:String theory. The seventh through ninth dimension are possible universes with different starting conditions. A tear in the seventh dimension would allow for interdimensional beings that we might perceive as demons to enter our universe.
So that's not as far fetched as a missile defense network that can find the composition of missiles?

Anyways...

"UPSA supports this idea and will help fund the network once it begins construction."

87Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 am

StrictLime

StrictLime

Rotaretilbo wrote:Those things aren't impossible, they're just not yet possible. The magic involved with the outlined JAMSNET is impossible.

So helicopter ambassadors are possible? Why has no one told me this!!

88Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 11:52 am

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

dragoon9105 wrote:Explain the demons in NEA 09 then hmm mr logic?
You don't know about that.

https://nations.forumotion.com

89Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 12:16 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

It was OOC Razz

90Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Rotaretilbo

Interdimensional travel through a tear in space-time is scientifically possible. If JAMSNET was coming from another dimension, it could do whatever. But it is restricted to the laws of our universe, as far as I know. So yes, the demons in NEA09 are more probable than JAMSNET.

91Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 12:47 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

Think about that for a second rot, Yea... someone has been playing WAY to much final fantasy

92Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 12:55 pm

tiny tim

Actually, it has been proven scientifically that you can't observe the molecular structure of things from extraordinarily far away, especially through a strong barrier. It has not been proven scientifically taht demons don't exist.

93Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 1:33 pm

laxspartan007

big foot, the abdominable snowman, giant octipus, dragons, and martians have not been scientificly dissproven

94Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 1:37 pm

tiny tim

Which means they are all more likely to exist than JAMSNET working.

95Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

Becuase you know naturally something rot disagrees with could never possible work right tim?

96Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Baconsen

Baconsen

What I don't understand is regardless whether its possible or not, this system could ensure the safety of many people. Which is what I thought many people wanted the UUU to do in the first place...

Plus price isn't an issue, specially since there's so many members in the UUU.

97Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

tiny tim

dragoon9105 wrote:Becuase you know naturally something rot disagrees with could never possible work right tim?

Actually I was disagreeing with this program before Rot was.

98Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Ruski

Ruski

((Why don't we wait for some clarification on whether or not the abilities of the system is possible by BB and how much it would indeed to build. Until then, we should probably leave the subject alone.))

99Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 6:14 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

((If you guys would stop bashing it that might actually happen, and if its less than a 30 PP cost to each of us provided everyone will pay that, I think its worth it))

100Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 4 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Sun May 15, 2011 7:00 pm

CivBase

CivBase

Rotaretilbo wrote:Please explain how you propose to do the impossible, then. How do you determine the molecular makeup of the contents of a container without being able to get a sample of the contents.
It's not impossible; we just don't know how to do it yet. We have done the "impossible" many many times in our work history, so why would this be any different? Oh yah, because you still insist that it's impossible. Rot, there's a point in which you need to admit you are wrong.

My nation is trying to lead the World Union to do something for the good of the world. When questioned why Germany was always leading the World Union on issues, you said that it was because nobody else would step up. Well, now someone else is trying to step up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum