IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joint Area Missile Shield Network

+11
Ruski
tiny tim
DARTH_ZTNEB
Tylertlat
BALLINMONK
dragoon9105
Gauz
Kasrkin Seath
nocbl2
StrictLime
CivBase
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 6:23 pm

CivBase

CivBase

The World Union can scream and shout till the cows come home, but there are too many already-made WMDs out there and quite a few nations who plan to begin or continue WMD production in the future. What we need is an effective counter measure, which is why the Brazilian Confederacy is proposing an orbital Joint Area Missile Shield Network (JAMSNET). JAMSNET is a huge network of Laser Kill Satellites that will be able to detect and safely destroy large missiles that are launched without consent from the World Union. Those of you who have played Tom Clancy's EndWar should know what I'm talking about.

Although JAMSNET would not necessarily be an end-all solution to WMDs, it would certainly be a significant advancement and, with the technology that is currently floating around in this game, it is an unquestionable necessity. Our nation has already contacted the National Imperial Coalition and their space program has agreed to provide support for the construction of this network. The Brazilian Confederacy will supply workers and land for construction of the pieces from Earth's surface. Of course, other voluntary assistance is appreciated, but our primary concern right now is tackling the price tag.

PRICE TICKER: 145 / 900 PP

KillSats - 770 PP
Lasers - 60 PP
Sufficiently Advanced Programming - 60 PP
Detection of Missile Launch (satellite side) - 10 PP

How it would work: The satellites will wirelessly traffic data to and from a powerful computer or computer network on the surface (under World Union control). Sensors in the laser satellites will detect missiles, but not automatically attack them. First, they will scan the contents of a missile remotely, then check to see if the ground-system has sent authorization for missiles from the general area of the GPS coordinates of the missile's launch site. If contents are determined to be a WMD, and there is no authorization, the laser satellite will shoot down the missile.

Last edited by CivBase on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 8 times in total

2Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

TOC Agrees greatly with this.

3Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm

nocbl2

Dude, WHY DIDNT WE THINK OF THIS BEFORE???

4Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Kasrkin Seath

"While Superior understands the reasons behind the formation of such a system, we decline to provide any funding for it."

5Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Gauz

"The Empire of Japan refuses to consider funding the project until a set price has been established."

6Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Kasrkin Seath

The representative from Superior adds "You are welcome to utilize our launch pad if necessary, however"

7Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 7:32 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

The NIC space fleet will assist in creating and funding this.

8Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 7:36 pm

BALLINMONK

"GAR will aid if possible"

9Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Tylertlat

"Can we define what kind of missle we are talking about? Usonia recognizes long range missles as those that breach the Kármán line. Is this the international standard?"

10Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 pm

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

Maybe it's just me, but this seems it will give even more power to the biggest self-policing opperation in the world. What if someone is doing somthing with a nation that is not in the UUU, but this laser is used by an underhanded UUU member, say, out of a grudge? I can see the good intentions here, but not any good long term use of this as a "defensive" system.

11Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Tue May 10, 2011 10:20 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

The System would be controlled by the WU as a whole. The system itself will temporarily be under NIC control as the NIC is currently managing construction and design of the system while i assume NUCA is handling things on the technical edge such as programming for the system. Apon Completion of the Anti Missile system, control will be turned over to the UUU and the mainframe will be designed to be housed in the WU headquarters in Usonia. While in development
the Mainframe will be housed within the Magnus City Orbital District and will be managed by the same team that constructed and programmed the NIC Space elevator.

12Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 am

StrictLime

StrictLime

DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:Maybe it's just me, but this seems it will give even more power to the biggest self-policing opperation in the world. What if someone is doing somthing with a nation that is not in the UUU, but this laser is used by an underhanded UUU member, say, out of a grudge? I can see the good intentions here, but not any good long term use of this as a "defensive" system.

And your forgetting this is a DEFENSE system, how can you use a defense system out of a grudge?

13Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 9:00 am

CivBase

CivBase

The system will automatically detect and destroy unauthorized missile launches in the upper atmosphere. Individual nations do not decide what gets shot. In fact, unless the World Union grants clearance, all missiles will be destroyed regardless of the owner.

No single nation will be able to control this system. My professional scientists, engineers, technicians, and military leaders will collaboratively design an effective automated system once the project is confirmed and it will be approved by the World Union before the network is completed.

14Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 10:45 am

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

StrictLime wrote:
DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:Maybe it's just me, but this seems it will give even more power to the biggest self-policing opperation in the world. What if someone is doing somthing with a nation that is not in the UUU, but this laser is used by an underhanded UUU member, say, out of a grudge? I can see the good intentions here, but not any good long term use of this as a "defensive" system.

And your forgetting this is a DEFENSE system, how can you use a defense system out of a grudge?

Think. you think that thing would be shooting anti missle marshmellows? no. it's a laser capable of blowing up a missle. which means its capable of blowing up ANYTHING less dangerous than a WMD.you tell ME how.

15Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 10:50 am

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

CivBase wrote:The system will automatically detect and destroy unauthorized missile launches in the upper atmosphere. Individual nations do not decide what gets shot. In fact, unless the World Union grants clearance, all missiles will be destroyed regardless of the owner.

No single nation will be able to control this system. My professional scientists, engineers, technicians, and military leaders will collaboratively design an effective automated system once the project is confirmed and it will be approved by the World Union before the network is completed.

My problem with this is simple. What if I were to go to war with a strong indipendant nation? what if i were to resort to bigger missles? would i have to lose because your anti-missle system would knock out my last chance of winning? I hardly seem how that is fair. And if it must be done, at least hire a team to pinpoint the missles that are a threat to UUU interests.

16Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 12:43 pm

BALLINMONK

DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:
CivBase wrote:The system will automatically detect and destroy unauthorized missile launches in the upper atmosphere. Individual nations do not decide what gets shot. In fact, unless the World Union grants clearance, all missiles will be destroyed regardless of the owner.

My problem with this is simple. What if I were to go to war with a strong indipendant nation? what if i were to resort to bigger missles? would i have to lose because your anti-missle system would knock out my last chance of winning? I hardly seem how that is fair. And if it must be done, at least hire a team to pinpoint the missles that are a threat to UUU interests.

"The uuu does not stand for violence, WMDS are a big problem and this will help solve part of the problem, tell me what is your nation trying to do about this problem and if you have a better idea bring it up"

17Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 2:55 pm

tiny tim

"So will this system target only ICBMs? and only those with a payload classified as a WMD? If not, and it targets all ICBMs, then we can not support it, since ICBMs can be armed with completely legal conventional warheads as well. And how would it stop a shorter range nuclear missile or a nuclear bomb being dropped on a city?"

18Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 3:37 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

"Advanced scanning technology will be able to have the system tell the diffrence between nuclear warheads and conventional one. I see no reason we cant design the system to shoot down conventional ones aswell"

19Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 3:42 pm

tiny tim

"The point is that it won't shoot down conventional warheads. Unless of course they have a warhead large enough to be a WMD, which would require even more advanced scanning technology. Not to mention Biological or Chemical weapons which it is likely impossible to detect from space. All in all this program seems like it would be too expensive and too high risk to be practical, even if we could solve the above problems."

20Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 4:01 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

"Let me specify the design further"

"The Network will be comrpised of Satalites in orbit and a massive Supercomputer. A scanning subsystem will be located on the moon and on several space stations in orbit around the planet. To enhance the system It will link with
WU local radar stations and uplinks established in Protected zones. Through the use of these radar arrays and scanning
technology the Killsats will be able to automatically target and disable enemy warheads. We are currently looking into
uses for EMP technology to deactive missiles as an alternative.

NIC scientists have already ran simulations on how the system will work and positive results have come back. Out of the 230 Simulated weapons launched 200 Have been destroyed by the Killsats. The remaining 30 were damaged so severly that they were driven off course into the worlds oceans."

"The system will work, and Any sort of cost will not be too severe as if Every member contributes funds for the project that will split the cost throughout all WU members reducing it."

Example: say it costs 600 PP and the WU has say 30 members.

600/30=20 PP (for me thats nothing but for everyone else thats what, a week at most, come one the cost is viable)
(These are not actual numbers, they are made up numbers made to show the math behind such a project when the cost
is finally given.)

21Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

tiny tim

"But how have you managed to detect chemical compounds inside a sealed container? This would certainly not be viable if it would only work for nuclear warheads."

22Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 5:02 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

"Again stopping missle launches all together with the system is a more effective goal for the system, As in war long range missles nuclear payload are not are not exactly a fair tactic to use against your enemy, Such missles were employed in terror bombing london and World war 2, The world would be better off without long range missles in
general"

23Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 5:13 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:

The point is to stop all missiles not just the ones we dislike.

24Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

tiny tim

"But unless the WU were to pass a resolution banning long range missiles all together, then the WU can take not official action against them."

25Joint Area Missile Shield Network Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 5:41 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

"We are a world Union of Peace remember, Any sort of missle used by or against WU members should be shot down, Its a
matter of princible"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum