IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joint Area Missile Shield Network

+11
Ruski
tiny tim
DARTH_ZTNEB
Tylertlat
BALLINMONK
dragoon9105
Gauz
Kasrkin Seath
nocbl2
StrictLime
CivBase
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

26Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Ruski

Ruski

dragoon9105 wrote:"We are a world Union of Peace remember, Any sort of missle used by or against WU members should be shot down, Its a
matter of princible"

"We are not only here for the defense of World Union members. It is a matter of missile defense for the world."

27Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 6:10 pm

tiny tim

"If you can pass a World Union resolution banning the use of long range missiles, then Gibraltaria will no longer have issue with shooting down all missiles. Until then, however, we can not support the program."

28Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 6:41 pm

CivBase

CivBase

DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:My problem with this is simple. What if I were to go to war with a strong indipendant nation? what if i were to resort to bigger missles? would i have to lose because your anti-missle system would knock out my last chance of winning? I hardly seem how that is fair. And if it must be done, at least hire a team to pinpoint the missles that are a threat to UUU interests.
No. That is why you can be granted World Union clearance.

The system would destroy all inter-continental missiles and use highly advanced scanning systems to detect hazardous compounds for other long-ranged missiles. Obviously, an automatic system cannot be ordered to destroy all missiles fired anywhere in the world, but it is imperative that the threat of unauthorized, malicious, long-range missiles be neutralized. Besides, a WMD would have to be fired long range in order to keep the launch site from being destroyed.

29Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 6:55 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Sahara: "I would like to point out that Heresy Republic(Darth) is no longer a member of the World Union, and has no voice here."

https://nations.forumotion.com

30Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 7:37 pm

CivBase

CivBase

A non-members points are as valid as any others. He just doesn't get to vote. What kind of "World Union" doesn't listen to the opinions of the world?

31Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Gauz

"Shooting down every ICBM? What about the ones that are used legally according to the charter? Only WMD's are completely illegal, meaning, conventional explosives are legal under circumstances."

32Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 8:43 pm

CivBase

CivBase

You'll have to get clearance, but it's not like an ICBM is very commonplace. We'll have to organize a quick and effective way to grant clearance, but that shouldn't be too big of an issue. The security council will need something to do once it's finally made.

Seriously... I don't get what part of "clearance" you guys aren't grasping. If you're talking about your plans for world domination, I'm sorry, but that is generally BAD. If you want to dominate the world, the World Union is not the place for you.

33Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Wed May 11, 2011 8:50 pm

tiny tim

((The way he is describing seems to be any missile that could cross borders will be shot down.))

34Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 am

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

BALLINMONK wrote:
DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:
CivBase wrote:The system will automatically detect and destroy unauthorized missile launches in the upper atmosphere. Individual nations do not decide what gets shot. In fact, unless the World Union grants clearance, all missiles will be destroyed regardless of the owner.

No single nation will be able to control this system. My professional scientists, engineers, technicians, and military leaders will collaboratively design an effective automated system once the project is confirmed and it will be approved by the World Union before the network is completed.

My problem with this is simple. What if I were to go to war with a strong indipendant nation? what if i were to resort to bigger missles? would i have to lose because your anti-missle system would knock out my last chance of winning? I hardly seem how that is fair. And if it must be done, at least hire a team to pinpoint the missles that are a threat to UUU interests.

"The uuu does not stand for violence, WMDS are a big problem and this will help solve part of the problem, tell me what is your nation trying to do about this problem and if you have a better idea bring it up"

I'm ok with WMDs. People who have them seldom use them. And theyre always a checkmate, not a show starter. Besides, don't you think the whole Manchuria campaign could be over fast if a few nukes were shot into the heart of the nation? just food for thought. and to Civ, thank you.

my posts were spoken out of character. This is simply the opinion of a player.

35Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 3:58 am

StrictLime

StrictLime

DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:
I'm ok with WMDs. People who have them seldom use them. And theyre always a checkmate, not a show starter. Besides, don't you think the whole Manchuria campaign could be over fast if a few nukes were shot into the heart of the nation? just food for thought. and to Civ, thank you.

my posts were spoken out of character. This is simply the opinion of a player.

WMD's are not something we need to have legal and, im pretty sure that in this game the environmental troubles a nuke would cause exists (i would hope so at least). Not to mention, whats the point of having a WU if it does nothing about players putting each other in a nuclear holocaust.

36Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 12:28 pm

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

It keeps the game interesting.. and again, I'd hope a player would surrender when their nation is in ruin and they have a few freedom fighters pissin off the occupying force. One would hope people wouldnt need to be hit by a WMD to finally give in. it's a mind game. and if you need a WMD to make you finally give up, then you shouldnt be playing in the first place. unless youre Lax.

37Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 1:29 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

Making every one glow green keeps the game interesting? And the game is not a total domination game, its more of a political game of mouse trap.

38Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Gauz

Nuclear Holocaust = more fun than peace

39Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 1:47 pm

laxspartan007

StrictLime wrote:Making every one glow green keeps the game interesting? And the game is not a total domination game, its more of a political game of mouse trap.

its a do what ya want game, some people want to dominate the world, some want to end humanity *cough*, some want to play politics...

DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:It keeps the game interesting.. and again, I'd hope a player would surrender when their nation is in ruin and they have a few freedom fighters pissin off the occupying force. One would hope people wouldnt need to be hit by a WMD to finally give in. it's a mind game. and if you need a WMD to make you finally give up, then you shouldnt be playing in the first place. unless youre Lax.

i will never give up, if it comes down to it i will nuke you invasion force, even if it is inside my nation...you wont take my nation alive, and if i can, you wont take the territories without nuclear radiation glowing the land and oceans green...

BRING IT!

40Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

laxspartan007 wrote:

its a do what ya want game, some people want to dominate the world, some want to end humanity *cough*, some want to play politics...

So thats why theres a WU because this game is about doing what ever you want... Ok let me rephrase this you can do any thing you want but dont fuck people in the process, because theres a group who takes care of things like that.

41Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Gauz

The UUU can only do so much. Which isn't a lot at already.

42Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 2:03 pm

laxspartan007

generally the WU fucks up what i want to do, expand in a way that others die, NPCs mostly...but some select players it would be fun to squish with my military...

but anyway the game wasnt made to revolve around the WU, it just worked out that way...

43Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 2:39 pm

CivBase

CivBase

WMDs = end of game

Even the non-World Union members should understand that letting everyone throw WMDs at each other will not be fun. It will just be annoying and un-inventive.

44Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 pm

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

laxspartan007 wrote:generally the WU fucks up what i want to do, expand in a way that others die, NPCs mostly...but some select players it would be fun to squish with my military...

but anyway the game wasnt made to revolve around the WU, it just worked out that way...

I agree. I find it annoying that i cant expand without a firm talking to by the WU. Also, I do not plan to use, or even get WMDs. I just like to have my options open. That is all i have to say on the matter. Good day.

45Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 2:59 pm

laxspartan007

you havent even tried to expand, so you wouldnt know lol

46Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 3:08 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

CivBase wrote:WMDs = end of game

Even the non-World Union members should understand that letting everyone throw WMDs at each other will not be fun. It will just be annoying and un-inventive.

Yea considering the only people to live through a WMD war will be those on the moon since im sure nuclear winter will kill pretty much everything and everyone.

47Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Rotaretilbo

"The problem with this initiative has already been covered, but the German Empire wants to reiterate these points and lend its support to this school of thought.

Simply put, the technology that would allow to scan the contents of a warhead from space is extreme, and we would imagine extremely expensive. While nuclear warheads may be more easily detected, chemical and biological warheads are for all intents and purposes identical to a conventional warhead, with the exception of a sealed section containing the chemical or biological agent. Furthermore, judging the payload of a warhead to determine whether or not it exceeds the half kiloton of TNT yield limit is difficult.

I understand that it has been suggested that this system shoot down any and all intercontinental ballistic missiles, but that is not entirely feasible. Simply put, we cannot demand that any nation which intends to launch a legal, conventional warhead in the form of an ICBM must first ask us permission.

However, even if a method to determine whether or not a missile is a weapon of mass destruction or not from space that is not excessively expensive is discovered, there is another important issue that must be considered. While this system does indeed severely limit the use of intercontinental ballistic missiles, it does not at all affect cruise missiles, conventional bombers loaded with weapons of mass destruction, and any other delivery system for a weapon of mass destruction. The intercontinental may be the most prolific means by which to deliver a nuclear payload, but it is certainly not the only way, especially as a first strike, the kind we would seek to prevent, as responding in kind does not breach the charter, which does not absolutely have to arrive immediately.

In short, we would be spending excessive amounts of money and would not really be properly hindering anyone who might be breaking the law by launching a weapon of mass destruction. The trade off simply does not seem worth it."

DARTH_ZENIB wrote:I'm ok with WMDs. People who have them seldom use them.

((Nations seldom use them. Individuals controlling nations without any real consequences? I don't trust them nearly as much.))

DARTH_ZENIB wrote:And theyre always a checkmate, not a show starter.

((Again, only because of the very real consequences. In this game, I would not be surprised if nuclear war ends it.))

DARTH_ZENIB wrote:Besides, don't you think the whole Manchuria campaign could be over fast if a few nukes were shot into the heart of the nation? just food for thought.

((...you do realize that Manchuria has the single largest military, and by proxy, the single largest nuclear stockpile, of any nation in the entire game, right? Nuking Manchuria would literally end the world. Period.))

48Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 pm

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

((thanks for quoting me like 20 hours later, rot.))

49Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 9:04 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

Ok so maybe this system may not be the best, but we cant let a bunch of trigger happy psychopaths run around letting nukes fly like a 747. We NEED something that makes them think twice, maybe even 3 times.

50Joint Area Missile Shield Network - Page 2 Empty Re: Joint Area Missile Shield Network Thu May 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Rotaretilbo

That would be the point of having WMDs ourselves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum