IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Reichstag

+12
Death no more
tiny tim
Elabajaba
Tylertlat
BBJynne
vendetta22
Gold Spartan
Ruski
Offensive Bias
nocbl2
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:50 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

The French Ambassador to Germany arrives at the Reichstag as appointed. His car with appropriate passes gains entrance, and he makes his way to the meeting he is expected for with a representative of Germany.

https://nations.forumotion.com

52The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Gold Spartan

Smirking, Gustav replies to the Japanese ambassador
"It appears that our japanese friend needs to study the history of germany more closely. As much as I like the Germans, Denmark doesn't fancy being under they control once more."

53The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Gauz

Sadao sighs, "You're right. Allow me to correct myself... Germany should be entitled to all land that it owned in the early 21st century. From 2000-2010."

54The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Gold Spartan

"So Scandinavia would be mine, Germany would have, well, Germany; plus France, Austria, and possibly other parts of Eastern Europe. That would leave Southern Europe open to our British friend. I have been meaning to ask though, there are other European nations in our vicinity, those of Norway, Finland, and Russia. Would we allow them in, should they desire to join?

55The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Gauz

"I would say we would have to bring that to a vote, once we establish. I am not against nor for adding any new nations to the proposed league at the moment."

56The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Rotaretilbo

Lord Rommel sits back quietly, content to let the others consider borders for the time.

------------------------------

The Russian diplomatic envoy is led to a nearby airport in the southern section of Berlin. A caravan of blacked out SUVs are waiting at a private part of the strip where the helicopters set down.

The French diplomats are led to the office of Gustav.

"I apologize, but Lord Rommel is in an important meeting, at the moment," Gustav apologized. "I will help you as best I can until he becomes available."

57The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:32 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

The frenchman greets Gustav cordially, "Thank you. I am Charles Sommer, the French Ambassador to Germany. Allow me to express my utmost pleasure to be meeting with you. I am here today because my government is concerned by some of the actions of your state. In particular, we took note of what can only be described as hostile remarks from your government on the air. Of course I assume there to be good reason for such behavior as this."

58The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 am

Ruski

Ruski

*Diplomat Nikolai Yakovlev exits the helicopter, with Vympel flanking him, and they all enter the SUV's. As they move to The Reichstag, the Attack Helicopters refuel and, in order to prevent any more incidents, are ordered back to Moscow. A private jet is sent to pick the diplomat up when he returns.*

59The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Rotaretilbo

"I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're talking about. Lord Rommel has strict rules that we are not to say anything unkind about any of our neighbors, especially on the record. The past is the past, and we can only learn from it. Germany has no ill will towards France, or any other neighbor."

The SUV caravan drive straight to the Reichstag. The Russian diplomats are led to the waiting area. "Lord Rommel is in an important meeting right now, and Gustav is currently unavailable. You'll be summoned when one of the two becomes available."

Last edited by Rotaretilbo on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

60The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Ruski

Ruski

"That sounds reasonable. I look forward to the discussions that will be held."

*Nikolai Yakovlev and his bodyguards find a waiting room to wait in.*

61The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Offensive Bias

"Europe should not be claimed mostly by one nation alone, leaving Denmark and Britain the scraps. No, it should be divided fairly. If Germany simply must have France, why not meet in the middle? Split it in half, and leave Spain for Britain? That way, we have a gate into Africa."

62The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Gold Spartan

"It was never determined that Germany would calim most of Europe. Japan only stated that Germany would have Germany, Austria, France, and I proposed that Germany have the southern portion of Eastern Europe. That would leave you with a large portion of Southern Europe, and us Danes with Scandinavia and the other half of Eastern Europe.

63The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:12 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

The French diplomat leaves.

64The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Rotaretilbo

"It occurs to me that we have run into somewhat of a problem," Lord Rommel speaks up. "On one hand, Britain seems to object to Germany controlling most of mainland Europe. On the other hand, Germany has nowhere else to expand to. Britain can easily expand west to reclaim the Americas, and Denmark can expand east to claim Scandinavia and Asia, but for Germany, there is only south, to claim mainland Europe and the barren deserts and dense jungles of uncivilized Africa. I am willing to make some compromises, such as Scandinavia and the Baltic, but we will not compromise on Western Europe."

The Russian diplomat is led to Gustav's office.

"How can I be of assistance, gentlemen?" Gustav inquires.

65The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:45 am

Offensive Bias

"But then we must work, and work damned hard at maintaining many overseas territories, that we cannot easily supply nor reinforce. We would almost certainly fail in every invasion. Therefore, I respectfully request either you allow us Spain, or Italy. The rest, you do with what you wish."

66The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:51 am

Rotaretilbo

"Then it is decided. Should this alliance be forged, Spain will belong to Britain, Scandinavia and the Baltic to Denmark, and the rest to Germany. How does Denmark feel about such an agreement?"

67The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:07 am

Offensive Bias

"I find these terms completely agreeable. Now, if only Denmark could offer us their insight?"

68The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:21 am

Gauz

"Should denmark agree to the terms the alliance shall be created, correct?"

69The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:55 am

Rotaretilbo

"This is but the first step towards Germany's cooperation. If we agree upon borders, you must then convince us that we need ally to obtain and maintain these borders."

70The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Ruski

Ruski

Diplomat Nikolai Yakovlev sits down in a chair, sets his briefcase on the floor, and speaks:

"Premier Joseph Alekseev has informed me that he wishes to extend a hand in peace and friendship in Europe, starting with your mighty nation."

Nikolai's expression turns grim:

"He has also expressed a concern that our differing pasts, unique politics, and mismatched social classes may lead to a difficult diplomatic stance. It is his order that I gain assurance from you and your nation that this will not conflict with the prosperity of Europe and our two individual nations."

The diplomat turns to the left and picks up his briefcase. He opens it and pulls a folder with a document in it.

"The Politburo meet last week to discuss the possibilities of establishing communications with your nation. They decided to seek a ground of trade and alliance with you."

Nikolai sets the folder on the table and slides it over to Gustav. He leans forward, elbows on table, and interlocks his fingers.

"You'll find inside an agreement to trade and an agreement to an alliance. Both of which can be penned or if you choose to not sign them, they can be left blank. There is also a section in which deals with that assurance issue from before. That will need to be sign twice in adjacent signature spots."

Nikolai returns back to his original position in the chair.

71The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Gauz

"I'm sure Germany alone can obtain the lands inside of these borders, however, if there were no alliance, Denmark and Britain would have no obstacle in their way if they tried to take these lands."

72The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Gold Spartan

"I find these border terms to be satisfactory, as long as Iceland is considered part of Scandinavia."
turning towards the Japanese diplomat, Gustav continues
"There is a great flaw in your reasoning, friend. Denmark would never turn on its most trusted ally Germany for the British. If anything, Britain needs this alliance more than we do."

73The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Gauz

"Actually, that is false, denmark and germany already have an alliance. Well than in any case, having an alliance will just further secure the safety of your borders by making any would-be agressor less likely to attack."

74The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Tylertlat

As word of the amount of diplomats and the length of their meetings in Germany reaches North America and in light of Usonia's bid being countered, its suddenly curious State Dept. contacts the Reichstag to set up a meeting.

75The Reichstag - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reichstag Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Rotaretilbo

Gustav looks over the files presented. "I am afraid that only the Oberfeldmarschall can sign off on an alliance, and as you may know, he is currently unavailable. However, I see no reason not to agree to trade. I will take these papers to Lord Rommel for his signature, but I assure you that the trade, at the very least, will be accepted." Gustav slides the briefcase back towards Yakovlev.

---------------

Wolfgang smiles as the diplomats discuss the suggestion. However, he turns to regard Oliver, who has withdrawn from discussion and is talking in frantic whispers on a small phone.

"I must retract my bid in this alliance, at least for the time being," he says, apologetically. "There is urgent business that I must attend to. His Majesty has passed away. My sincerest apologies." Wolfgang nods as Oliver turns and leaves.

"This development is most concerning. With Britain no longer of concern, the borders change quite a bit." Wolfgang indicates another screen in the room, and a blank map pops up. He taps away briefly at his computer, and then begins highlighting various regions. "I propose these to be our maximum borders, as well as the extent of our jurisdiction," he begins.

The Reichstag - Page 3 SuggestedBordersWorld

"How you deal with the many nations in your own jurisdiction is up to you. Within these borders, each of us will select 57 regions we do not already control. We are obligated to provide each other aid, within reason, in dealing with these selected regions as well as what we already hold. Beyond those 60 regions, your battles are your own and whether or not you receive aid is wholly up to the party providing the aid. Further, we shall never seek to take control of a region in another member's jurisdiction, nor go against each others' wishes concerning regions not in our own jurisdiction. Is this agreeable?"

---------------

Contacts within the Reichstag set up a meeting time with the Usonian State Department.

Last edited by Rotaretilbo on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum