IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arguing About Australia

+10
StrictLime
BALLINMONK
BanjoSamurai
Death no more
Onyxknight
tiny tim
BBJynne
CivBase
Rotaretilbo
DARTH_ZTNEB
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Arguing About Australia Empty Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:57 pm

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

Nation Name: Heresey Republic of Australia

Nation Flag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_Northern_Territory.svg

Nation Culture: Western European

Nation Government: Military Republic

Nation Leader: High Commander Nick

Stat points: Military–4, Economy-3, Culture-1

Regions: 9, 11, 23, Australia

Buildings:
(09): [Agriculture, Industrial Center, Mineral Extraction][Recreation Park, Barracks][Large Airbase, Military Shipyard]
(11): [Agriculture, Industrial Center, Mineral Extraction][Recreation Park, Barracks][Large Airbase, Basic Factory]
(23): [Agriculture, Industrial Center, Mineral Extraction][Recreation Park][Large Airbase, Military Shipyard]

Characters:
High Commander Nick - Military and Diplomatic Leader
General Brutas - Military
Ambassador Farva - Diplomatic Relations
Warlord Chuck - Military
Private Duncan (likes Private, But is a General) - Military
Front Commander Leeroy Jenkins - Military
Baron Marrick - Governer

Cipris Marron - Head of International Affairs

Nation bonuses: Well Armed Militia - All citizens of the HRA are authorized to use the National Guard Armory munitions and armor to defend the homeland. All men of the HRA are trained in all forms of armed combat at a young age. (Gain 5 militia infantry, 1 militia technical, 2 APCs, 1 light tank)

Heavy Industry - Well funded research into heavy metals and technologies and working with such gives the HRA a bonus to armored vehicles and weapons. (Tanks and other ground vehicles cost 1 less production point and all have upgraded weapons)

Economy: (Filled out by a moderator)

Total Production Points: (Filled out by a moderator)

Population Happiness: (Filled out by a moderator)

Army Morale: (Filled out by a moderator)

Unique Unit: HRA Command Tank (AKA The Warlord) - Large, 4 tread, all terain, base tank with 40cm thick armor plating, internal feul tanks, 170mm main gun, mounted .50 cal forward machine gun, Top- mounted .50 cal machine gun, 2 rear mounted .30 cal machine guns and a low mounted Javelin missile system. Unit also has a rear based, internally stored AA rocket pod system. It does not have a mine flipper on fron, rather is always accompanied with a team of infantry that spot for mines (urban) or humvees with mine flippers that go in before the tank (anything but urban).

Military:

Army-1 (09)
Light Tank - 2
Medium Tank - 3
IFV - 1
Militia Infantry - 1
Assault Infantry - 2
Missle Infantry - 2
Medic - 1

Air Force-1 (09)
Fighters - 1
Strike Fighter -1
Bombers - 1

Navy-1 (09)
Frigate - 1
Crusier - 1
Transport - 1 (Landing Craft – 4)

Army-2 (11)
Light Tank - 2
Medium Tank - 3
IFV - 1
Militia Infantry - 1
Assault Infantry - 2
Missle Infantry - 2
Medic - 1

Air Force-2 (11)
Fighters - 2
Strike Fighter -1
Bombers - 1

Navy-2 (11)
None

Army-3 (23)
Light Tank - 2
Medium Tank - 3
IFV - 1
Militia Infantry - 1
Assault Infantry - 2
Missle Infantry - 2
Medic - 1

Air Force-3 (23)
Fighters - 2
Strike Fighter -1
Bombers - 1

Navy-3 (23)
Frigate - 1
Destroyer - 1

Last edited by BBJynne on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : work in progress.)

2Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Rotaretilbo

DARTH_ZNTEB wrote:base tank with 500cm thick armor plating

Wait, 500cm thick armor plating? You do realize that 500cm is about 16.4 feet, right? That means that, assuming that it has an internal compartment that is about 5 feet wide (average width of a sedan), the whole thing is about 38 feet wide. An average lane on a road is about 8 feet wide, meaning this thing would only be able to traverse on roads with at least two lanes both ways and a center turn lane, and even then, it would take up all five lanes.

Let's go on to assume that the internal compartment is about 10 feet long, 5 feet high, that it has only a foot of armor on the underside, and that it has only 8 feet of armor on the top. The overall dimensions of your Warlord Tank are 38Wx43Lx14H. That's in feet. That's a total volume of 22876 cubic feet. Now, subtract the volume of the internal compartment (250 cubic feet), and you get 22626 cubic feet of pure armor.

Do you realize how fucking heavy this tank would be? Let's assume for a moment that this armor is comprised of steel. It would weigh approximately 5532.1 short tons. That's about 82 times the weight of the entire M1 Abrams. If we assume that the armor is comprised entirely of aluminum, it still weighs approximately 1911.9 short tons, which is still about 28 times the weight of the entire M1 Abrams. While I can't find any information on the weight of a cubic foot of Chobham armor, I would estimate that you're running at around 3000 short tons in weight. The Warlord would literally crush the roads it was trying to drive on, making them unusable for other vehicles, and likely getting stuck itself.

Furthermore, at this vast size, it would hardly be an all terrain vehicle. It would literally sink in anything less than hard dirt. It would also be completely incapable of traversing anything but perfectly flat ground without bottoming out and becoming stuck.

3Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:56 pm

CivBase

CivBase

Don't listen to Rot. Everyone knows its a hover tank Razz

jk. Rot has a point. 500cm is a little too thick... how about 5m instead?

BTW, we have a lot of republics in Australia.

4Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:02 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

CivBase wrote:500cm is a little too thick... how about 5m instead?

. . .

@ DARTH_ZNTEB

Who are you? Did someone invite you?

https://nations.forumotion.com

5Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 pm

tiny tim

CivBase wrote:

I didn't know criminals could create legitimate governments...

6Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Onyxknight

CivBase wrote:Don't listen to Rot. Everyone knows its a hover tank Razz

jk. Rot has a point. 500cm is a little too thick... how about 5m instead?

not to mention the small 105mm cannon..

7Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Death no more

I think he means 500mm.... Btw who the fuck are you!? I know Cameron and strict are in australia being butt buddies, is that you Alias!?

8Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:56 pm

BanjoSamurai

no sam it isnt

9Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Death no more

BanjoSamurai wrote:no sam it isnt
THEN WHO THE FUCK IS IT.

10Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm

tiny tim

We think it might be lax's friend there to be a little barrier.

11Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm

BanjoSamurai

i dont fucking know

12Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Death no more

Oh... if it's not one of our friends then it's laxs.... Australia is going to be a absolute battlefield.

13Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:04 pm

tiny tim

Yes, it will be fun to watch the criminals battle it out for supremacy.

14Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:14 pm

BALLINMONK

tiny tim wrote:Yes, it will be fun to watch the criminals battle it out for supremacy.
DAMM STRAIGHT
We from the hood man, But no this makes me very unhappy and it seems almost to convenute that once me and strict get are nations together that this comes up and cuts us off? HMMMMMMM?

15Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Death no more

Well I mean this game is pretty free formed, I could've gotten you and strict to start off in South america with 8 military(2 bonus stat points from naton bonuses) then just have you guys destroy Civbase for no reason what so ever ^.^

16Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:46 pm

tiny tim

What's to keep them from beating you afterwards?

17Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:46 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

Death no more wrote:I know Cameron and strict are in australia being butt buddies

HEY I DID NOT WANT BALLIN ANY WHERE NEAR ME I TOLD HIM TO MOVE TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CONTINENT but I digress...

18Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Death no more

tiny tim wrote:What's to keep them from beating you afterwards?
Well I know them personally, they would be inclined to work with me but I don't really like playing games that way.... Anyways strict you could've always went to some other place if you didn't want to share ^.^

19Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:50 pm

StrictLime

StrictLime

Death no more wrote:Anyways strict you could've always went to some other place if you didn't want to share ^.^

and let him take my place like a little bitch...fuck no.

20Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Death no more

StrictLime wrote:
Death no more wrote:Anyways strict you could've always went to some other place if you didn't want to share ^.^

elephant

*The GLAU formally declares war on the TOC*

21Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:56 pm

BALLINMONK

StrictLime wrote:

Fuck you strict

22Arguing About Australia Empty Relax Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:49 am

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

Everyone chiiiiiill. If you didn't notice, the thread's not done. and it was done very quickly. the 500cm was a typo. was thinking about making it 50 but i thought THAT was a bit big. so thank you for making sure i didnt make it 10 times the size i wanted it to be. and for the cannon size, i havnt decided yet. its just a rough draft.

And yes, i heard about the game from lax and some others on xbox.

any more questions NOT regarding my apparently bunker sized tank?

23Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 am

Death no more

DARTH_ZTNEB wrote:Everyone chiiiiiill. If you didn't notice, the thread's not done. and it was done very quickly. the 500cm was a typo. was thinking about making it 50 but i thought THAT was a bit big. so thank you for making sure i didnt make it 10 times the size i wanted it to be. and for the cannon size, i havnt decided yet. its just a rough draft.

And yes, i heard about the game from lax and some others on xbox.

any more questions NOT regarding my apparently bunker sized tank?
Make your tanks armor 500mm as that is pretty thick but realistic.

@ Sam/Cameron:
My one little comment started a text war between you two, im so glad your such close allies XD

24Arguing About Australia Empty Still not done. Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 am

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

Im still working on my nation. i have to get off the computerat certain times for long periods of time throughout the day so my nation wont be done for few days.

25Arguing About Australia Empty Re: Arguing About Australia Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

also, CivBase told me to join after i heard about it from lax. i hardly know him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum