IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Res Publica Latini vs. Italy (Western Europe 36)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Map: Res Publica Latini vs. Italy (Western Europe 36) Rome-1
Grey = Urban
Red = Italy
Blue = OB

___Latin Forces___
Legio II Invictus
3 Legionnaires
1 Scouts (MG)
1 Scouts (SAM)
1 Scouts (TOW)
2 IFVs
5 Medium Tanks
1 Mobile Gun Artillery
1 Mobile Rocket Artillery
1 Mobile SAM

Classicus Nostrum
1 Light Warships
3 Heavy Warships
2 Transport Ships [w/4 Landing Craft each]
1 Submarines

ARI (Aquila Romani Invictus)
1 Scout Drones
2 Fighters
2 Bombers

___Italian Force___
Northern Fleet:
2 Light Warships
2 Medium Warship
1 Aircraft Carrier (w/2 Fighters)

Southern Fleet:
1 Light Warship

Northern Army:
2 Light Tanks
3 Scouts (MG)
1 Mobile SAM
1 Mobile Gun Artillery

Rome Garrison:
8 Militia Infantry
4 Trucks
2 Towed Anti-Tank
2 Towed Missile Artillery
2 Light Tanks
2 Scud Vehicles (Conventional Warheads)

Southern Army:
4 Assault Infantry
2 Missile Infantry
1 Mobile Flak
1 Mobile SAM
1 Mobile Radar
2 Mobile Gun Artillery
1 Mobile Anti-Tank
1 Heavy Tank

Air Force (based in Rome):
2 Fighters
1 Bomber
3 Attack Helicopters
3 Utility Helicopters
1 Armed Drone
2 Scout Drones

OB: Before hostilities commence, I am going to offer any Italian troops sympathetic to my cause, to leave their oppressors and join with me.

Your local commander warns you that Italy is likely to call in forces from other territories to defend their capitol.

https://nations.forumotion.com

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

There is no obvious response from Italian forces at this time, but that is probably because they are being watched by their commanders at this time. It is possible some of them took your words to heart.

Offensive Bias

How long for the first legion to reach the area from region 38 directly south?

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

A day.

Offensive Bias

May I call them in? And they are to come into battle led by Praetor Julius Maximus Ferrata (Military)

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Okay.

Offensive Bias

IN THE MEANTIME!!!!

I want the Classicus Nostrum to move forward, the Submarine to go ahead of the warships and attempt to sink the lone enemy Light Warship with its torpedoes. Keep in mind the submarine should be submerged while doing this, and concealed from sight. At the same time, I want the ARI to send its bombers and fighters to strafe and bomb the Italian Southern armies artillery and flak before it can get set up, and then retreat away from Rome to refuel and rearm. At the same time, I want the second legion to attempt to isolate the Southern army from uniting by targeting my rocket and gun artillery at their positions, pinning them down. Also, I want my five medium tanks to speed ahead onto the settlement of Latina, claiming it for the Republic. The soldiers are to stop the civilians from leaving Latina. While I want the two IFV's to also help in securing Latina. The Mobile SAM is to deploy by the artillery I have set up, to discourage Italian air attacks. I want the Legionnaires to go forward with the scouts and act as a vanguard against a possible counter attack.

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

((A couple of things that can be retconned:
Are any legionaries riding in the IFVs? As it is, no. But I'm not sure if you were aware you can have them ride, so I'll let you change that if you want. Also, no one is in your landing craft. Not sure if that was intentional or not.))

Latin Submarine approaches Italian light warship. Italian is only using passive sensors, so submarine is able to approach within range by moving quietly. It launches torpedoes at its target. The light warship almost immediately begins using active sonar and increases its speed, but the torpedoes arrive too soon cause massive damage to the vessel. The ship begins to burn, but turns toward Latina and slowly moves toward it. The submarine readies more torpedoes and missiles.
(Heavily damaged 1 light warship)

The ARI (2 Fighters, 2 Bombers) flies low and fast to try to avoid detection while it approaches the Italian southern arm. Latin Mobile Radar spots their approach and relays the information. Most soldiers take cover, but the missile infantry and anti-air search for Latin aircraft. As they get within range, the air around them begins to explode, and missile warnings flash before their eyes. Realizing that continuing would be to face heavy losses, they turn back and release countermeasures, which are successful.

Latin Republican artillery fire rains down on the southern italian arm. After some initial confusion, they disperse to take fewer casualties.
(Destroyed 2/5th Mobile Gun Artillery, 1 Assault Infantry)

Your troop movements are completed without event.
Armor arrives in Latina. Main body pushes forward with vanguard while support units proceed behind.

Italian air force scrambles out of the air-base in Rome.
Northern Army and Fleet receive word that something is going on, and prepare to move if commanded.

Offensive Bias

I know about the IFV's and stuff. And no, no soldiers inside them, I'm just using them for their firepower. Also, it has now been a day, has the First Legion arrived? Also, I want to send a broadcast to the Italian planes that scrambled, which is to say as follows, "Brave pilots of Italy, I admire your courage in standing with your nation, despite how corrupt and tyrannical she is. I offer you pilots sympathetic to the Roman cause to defect, or land your planes in our airspace and surrender, for which you shall be well treated and granted citizenship and land in Panormus. I beseech you, do what is best for yourselves, not your corrupt government."

I want to bring back my two fighters to defend the airspace above my artillery, while staying out of range of Italian AA, while the submarine is to attempt to sink the retreating Italian warship. If there is any danger at all of the submarine being damaged, it is to abandon the attack. I want the 1 light warship and 3 heavy warships to move further North, within range of Rome. Also, if the warships pass within range of the Italian light warship, I want them to open a short bombardment on it, while still moving within range of Rome. And my transport ships are to dock at Latina after the Italian light warship is dealt with.

I want my artillery to continue bombardment of the Southern Italian army, attempting as hard as possible to keep them pinned down.

My infantry are to remain in their positions, and dig in to minimise any artillery casualties, and to create a stronger defensive position.

(Is my Scout Drone armed?)

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Latin Republic reinforcements have arrived from southeast.

Legio I Republica, commanded by Praetor Julius Maximus Ferrata (Military):
2 Legionnaires
1 Scout (MG)
1 Scout (SAM)
1 Scout (TOU)
3 IFV's
5 Medium Tanks
1 Mobile Gun Artillery
1 Mobile Rocket Artillery
1 Mobile SAM

Your fighters hold a high position above your artillery where they can see if enemy planes approach.

Your submarine fires more torpedoes at the fleeing warship, which cannot take the second attack, and its back is broken. It sinks, lighting the area with flickering light from the fires.

Your Latin Navy (1 light warship and 3 heavy warships) move toward Rome, and are now within range of Rome.

Your transport ships to dock at Latina without incident.

Your artillery lays down more fire into the southern arm of the Italians. They have already dispersed and found cover, so they take minimal casualties, though they are pinned down. They know where your rocket artillery is now because of how obvious the trails are, and they were watching for them.
(destroyed 2/5th assault infantry, 1/5th Missile Infantry)

Your infantry remain in their positions, and dig in, creating a stronger defensive position.

((Scout Drones are unarmed, and can only do aerial surveillance.))

Northern Latin fleet and army start headed south.
Southern Arm's gun artillery performs counter-battery fire against your rocket artillery.
(Lost 1/5th Rocket Artillery)

Offensive Bias

Can submarines lay mines?

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

no

Offensive Bias

So, did any of the Italian pilots respond to my message?

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

No.

Offensive Bias

I want to move my rocket artillery around after each barrage, to keep the Italians guessing as to where to fire. With my ships in range of Rome, I want them to fire a warning barrage just outside of the city, and then send the following message to the Italian defenders, "You know what will happen if you continue to resist the Latin Republic. Rome shall burn, and you and your families with it. The Latin Republic beseeches you to surrender yourselves and head down to our army in the South, where you shall be made prisoners of war, and treated as such. We also ask you to surrender any Italian government members currently hiding in the city."

I want my submarine to attack the Italian northern fleet, priority are the medium warships. If the submarine is in danger of taking damage, it is to retreat. The submarine should be submerged, and should attempt to damage/sink as many of the warships as it can without taking too much damage itself.

I want the entire first Legion to set up on the flank of the Southern Italian army while they are pinned down. The SAM is to deploy with the rocket and gun artillery, and they are heavily bomb the Italian position in advance of the assault. I want the five medium tanks of the first Legion to get within far range of the Italian army, and begin to shoot at the heavy tank. While, in Latina, I want my five tanks garrisoned there to rush the flank of the occupied and pinned down Southern Italian army, and specifically target the missile infantry and heavy tank.

While the tanks move in, I want the two legionnaires of the First Legion to go forward with the MG scout and the TOW scout, and attempt to beat the Italian assault infantry. The SAM scout is to set up by the artillery for air protection.

I want the dug in three legionnaires of the Second Legion to leave their positions and advance straight on the Southern Army, therefore surrounding them on three sides. They are to go with the MG scout and the TOW scout. If the heavy tank isn't destroyed by the point the infantry come in, I want the two TOW scouts to target it. One again, the legionnaires are to target the Italian infantry. I also want my artillery to stop firing when my men are too close to the Italians, but until that point, all artillery is to fire a death barrage upon the enemy Italians.

If it also possible, I want my Air Force fighters to use their speed and attempt a strafing run of the Southern Army, while the infantry and tank assault is happening, so that it gives them some cover and tactical advantage. However, if the two fighters come under ANY danger, they are to turn around and continue patrolling the skies between my artillery batteries.

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Your warships fire and destroy random countryside near Rome, and send a warning. There is no response, but it is obvious that the Romans noticed both.

Your submarine does not engage because it does not wish to die alone. It observes the Italian fleet heading south. It notices two fighters launch from the aircraft carrier.

Your artillery continues to strike against the Southern Italian arm, bolstered by 2 new Arty units from 1st legion. Southern Arm is still suppressed to an extent have have lower morale from the continued bombardment, but they are not helpless.
Latin Fighters make another attempt to attack Southern Arm, but are driven back again (Italian Air Force incoming + Radar and AA). They do see the location of Latin Heavy Tanks though.
Your medium tanks, infantry, and scouts attack from multiple directions.
Italian heavy tank unit is targeted by ten times its number, and is unable to take much action before being destroyed and disabled. Missile infantry immediately take fire when they pop out of cover to respond to Latin Tanks, but do get some shots in. Italian Anti-Tank is largely ignored, and able to attack Latin medium tanks, but there are a lot of them. Latin Infantry arrives to stomp out any regrouping or response, but do take damage from opposing infantries and artillery.
(Destroyed 1 Heavy Tank, 3/5 Mobile Gun Artillery, 2 Assault Infantry, 1 & 4/5 Missile Infantry, 2/5th Mobile Flak. Lost 1 Medium Tank, 1 Legionary.)

Italian Air Force's scout drones goes in first to observe Latin reaction to air presence, and to observe Latin forces.
Two SCUD Vehicles in Rome launch missiles at your committed forces.
Rome Garrison's missile artillery fires barrage at your forces as well.
The rest of the Italian Air Force provides close air support to Southern Arm, which is out fighting your forces. Your SAMs are out by artillery range, but ((I remember I had the range of SAMs in this game figured out but I forgot what it was Sad I think it was longer than arty tho.)) they fire at the aircraft anyway. Since there's only 2 SAMs at long range, they are not entirely effective.
(Destroyed 2 Scout Drones. Damaged 1 Utility Helicopter Lost 1 MG Scout, 1 & 3/5 Legionaries, 2 Medium Tanks.)

Italian Reinforcements from West Europe 35 (north of Firenze):
2 Medium Tanks
1 Armored SAM
1 Armoed Rocket Artillery
3 APCs (w/ 3 Assault Infantry)

Remaining enemy forcezzzz in affected groups
Southern Army:
3/5 Assault Infantry
3/5 Mobile Flak
1 Mobile SAM
1 Mobile Radar
1 Mobile Gun Artillery
1 Mobile Anti-Tank

Air Force (In Air):
2 Fighters
1 Bomber
3 Attack Helicopters
2 Utility Helicopters
1 Damaged Utility Helicopter
1 Armed Drone

Northern Fleet and Army are half way to Rome.

Offensive Bias

I demand the submarine engage in stealth actions against the Italian fleet! I want the troops attacking the Southern Army to fire at the Anti-Tank, and attempt to finish off the infantry and artillery. I want the Southern Italians to be given a chance to surrender. If it is ignored, they are to be attacked in the way described above.

I want the Warships to fire a huge bombardment on Rome, targeting the Italian artillery.

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

The submarine's captain doesn't want to risk his vessel against the northern arm of the Italian fleet, multiple warships and a carrier with fighters. He receives the order: "I demand you engage in stealth actions against the Italian fleet!"
"But commander, I cannot risk my crew in this manner!" the captain protests.
"I said do it." The channel with command closes.
"Sir, we are to engage, yes?" his executive pushes him.
"No, it would be madness to engage them alone," the captain says, turning. His executive shoots him and announces, "He was a traitor to the Latin Republic! I am in command now. I order a stealth attack against the Italian fleet. Target the carrier."
The submarine's missile tubes open, and it fires two cruise missiles at the Italian carrier. The fleet goes on alert, and the fighters search actively for the submarine. The Medium Warhips use their active sonar to search for the submarine. When the missiles near the carrier, one of the missiles is shot down by a light warship, the other is destroyed by the carrier's own point defenses.
The Latin submarine attempts to dive and evade the searching Italians, but one of the medium warships comes near enough to receive a hit on a ping, it and begins the final stage of the hunt. It launches its helicopter to drop a homing torpedo. The rush of water and shrill alarms were the last the crew heard before the submarine died alone.
(Lost 1 Submarine)

Latin ground forces engage the Italian Southern Arm and finish most of it before the remainder surrenders. During their attack, the Italian Air Forces remain overhead, providing close air support for the Southern Arm, raising its morale and prolonging its holdout.
(Destroyed 2/5 Assault Infantry, 3/5 Mobile Flak, 1 Mobile SAM, 1 Mobile Gun Artillery, 1 Mobile Anti-Tank. Lost 2 Medium Tanks, 1 TOW Scout, 1 MG Scout, 1 Legionary. Captured 1/5 Assault Infantry, 1 Mobile Radar.)

Latin fighters hesitate to engage, with their orders to protect the artillery and not engage with chance of danger.

The Latin SAM units fire at long range at the Italian air.
(Destroyed 1 Attack Helicopter.)

The three Cruisers of the Latin Fleet: Regina Caelorum, Alere Flammam, and Aeternum, aim their missile launchers on their historic capital, violated as it was by modernist Italians, fighting for the oppressor.
They release a devastating cruise missile barrage, destroying many of their targets and the buildings around them, sometimes occupied by civilians.
(Destroyed 2 Towed Rocket Artillery)

In Rome, the garrison scrambles to prepare for another onslaught, and prepare the SCUD for another strike against the Latin army.

Southern Army:
1/5 Assault Infantry (captured)
1 Mobile Radar (captured)

Air Force (In Air):
2 Fighters
1 Bomber
2 Attack Helicopters
2 Utility Helicopters
1 Damaged Utility Helicopter
1 Armed Drone

Rome Garrison:
8 Militia Infantry
4 Trucks
2 Towed Anti-Tank
2 Light Tanks
2 Scud Vehicles (Conventional Warheads)

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

1st and 2nd Legions advance on Rome. The Anti-Air and artillery repositions to get into more effective range of Italian air and ground forces. The ARI patrols more aggressively to forces the Italian air to either withdraw or engage near hostile anti-air, so Italian Air withdraws past Rome.

Roman garrison has prepared itself for urban fighting to defend the capital until reinforcements can arrive.

The SCUD vehicles in Rome continue to launch missiles at Latins, and are targeted by Latin Cruisers, one is destroyed.

Captured Italian forces of the Southern Army are disarmed, and their equipment confiscated and used by Latin personnel. The prisoners are sent back to Latin territories.

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

* Italian reinforcements arrive too late to save Rome, which falls to the Latins easily with naval and artillery support. Majority of garrison is captured.
* Latin navy and their air force defeat the Italian navy, suffering major losses, however.
* First wave of Italian reinforcements withdraws and waits for second wave. Meanwhile, Latins make a formation with both Legions.
* Remaining Italian forces, faced with superior enemy opposition and led by a cautious commander, withdraw from the territory.

VICTORY LATINI

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum