IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs

+6
BALLINMONK
dragoon9105
Rotaretilbo
laxspartan007
CivBase
BBJynne
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Tue May 17, 2011 7:56 pm

CivBase

CivBase

I'm pretty sure that the problem lies in the inbox limit. BB can only receive a total of 50 PMs before his inbox starts deleting messages automatically. With 30-or-so players sending production, diplomacy, research, battle, and other PMs, that 50-message limit is easily reached in less than 48 hours. If BB has so much as one day where he can't read all the PMs, he risks loosing them all.

Because of that, I think it would be very reasonable if instead of getting 30 production PMs every single day, we waited until Saturday or Sunday to send the entire weeks production (or something to that effect). The PMs would be bigger, but BB could check them all at once and not worry about getting too many at once.

27I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Tue May 17, 2011 7:58 pm

BALLINMONK

CivBase wrote:I'm pretty sure that the problem lies in the inbox limit. BB can only receive a total of 50 PMs before his inbox starts deleting messages automatically. With 30-or-so players sending production, diplomacy, research, battle, and other PMs, that 50-message limit is easily reached in less than 48 hours. If BB has so much as one day where he can't read all the PMs, he risks loosing them all.

Because of that, I think it would be very reasonable if instead of getting 30 production PMs every single day, we waited until Saturday or Sunday to send the entire weeks production (or something to that effect). The PMs would be bigger, but BB could check them all at once and not worry about getting too many at once.
I seconded this motion

28I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Tue May 17, 2011 8:01 pm

laxspartan007

this isnt the WU...

also i usually send my PP spending every 10-15 days, and i group my PMs together so i will have 2 or at max 3 PMs out at onece (not a day, since BB check PMs like onece every few days)

29I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Tue May 17, 2011 8:07 pm

CivBase

CivBase

Technically the rules say you're supposed to send them every day and you can't save points from days you missed, but BB doesn't enforce that rule very strictly. IMO, though, a weekly system would be more manageable for BB. Again, it's just a thought.

30I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Tue May 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Kasrkin Seath

I think that once every three days would be better, or a limit of like three a week.

Generally speaking, your production any given day roughly matches what you need at that moment. If you are limited to a single Production PM per week, you are unable to shift production as necessary. For example, if you dedicate a weeks worth of production to research, and then find yourself in a wartime situation where you need to begin throwing points elsewhere, you are out of luck. A fix to this would be to, of course, allow for changes once or twice each week. However, if are going to use that system, you may as well limit production PM's to X amount per week, as it keeps the number of PM's lower while allowing for greater flexibility.

31I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Tue May 17, 2011 9:58 pm

CivBase

CivBase

Maybe.... if you wait until Saturday to send in the week's production, you get a 25% bonus to your PP. Otherwise, you can spend the entire week's PP on any day during the week.

32I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 am

tiny tim

My production usually doesn't change enough for me to be sending in a PM every day. More like sending one in every couple of weeks.

33I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Wed May 18, 2011 10:55 am

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

i think i send about 3 messeges a week if im doin somthin other than PP spending. other than that, i send my pp spending every saturday or sunday.

34I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 am

Kasrkin Seath

I believe that is something else that needs to be taken into account: Player PP Disparity. Several players have an excess of 20+ PP/day, while many are still below 10PP/day. As you have more and more PP to spend, at least I have begun to send more Production PM's because projects that would have taken a week or more before can be completed now in a day or two.

Think of it this way....

Assuming one PM per week, a player with 5PP/day then needs to plan where 35 PP are allocated. A player with 20PP/day, on the otherhand, needs to plan where 140 PP are allocated. Either a system that allows flexibility or accounts for varying incomes should be used to account for the differences.

35I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Wed May 18, 2011 12:16 pm

laxspartan007

i never have a problem sending my PP PMs every 10 to 15 days, when PP does change i will send another PM or edit the PM in my outbox, to account for the new PP

36I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Now accepting PMs and production

https://nations.forumotion.com

37I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 am

tiny tim

Did you get caught up on everything from before, because I still haven't gotten a response on a question I asked you before you stopped accepting again. Should I resend the PM?

38I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:21 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

i had forgetten that i'm going out of town tomorrow.

frozen again Razz

39I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 pm

laxspartan007

at this point your trying to make us one by one leave the game...

40I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:20 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

BBJynne wrote:Now accepting PMs and production
ya

41I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs - Page 2 Empty Re: I AM NOW ACCEPTING PMs Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Retroactive Production Freeze from June 25th to July 2nd.

I neglected to mention I would be absent for a week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum