IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

New System

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New System Empty New System Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Rotaretilbo

As you may know, BB has expressed concerns with balancing. However, he has come up with a solution, and has asked me to inundate you all while he works on tweaking and perfecting. First, I should note that everyone should erase their starting army, buildings, and stats. So, here we go.

First, let's talk about population happiness. All nations start with a base of 50% population happiness. Military battles and changes in economy can effect this base population happiness. Certain buildings also affect happiness. These buildings add a 5% buff to the total, which is tracked separately. Base population happiness cannot exceed 100%, but the buff can. Having 75% or greater population happiness grants you a bonus PP. Having 100% population happiness grants you a second bonus PP. However, having 25% or less population happiness gives you a negative PP, and having 0% population happiness gives you a second negative PP. If your population happiness remains at 0% for too long, your populace will revolt against you. Furthermore, at 100% population happiness, a spy will never defect. At 50%-99%, the spy has a 25% chance to defect. At 1%-49%, the spy has a 50% chance to defect. At 0%, the spy has 75% chance to defect. If a spy defects, the nation being spied upon gets a spy report of basic operations of the spying nation, and gains the spy as a unit.

Next, let's talk about army morale. Army morale is pretty self explanatory. Soldiers with army morale of 100% will fight to the death and neither offer nor give quarter, except when ordered to. Soldiers with army morale of 75% or greater but below 100% have a 25% chance to disobey orders they question (suicide missions, surrendering, taking prisoners, etc). Soldiers with army morale above 25% but below 75% have a 50% chance to disobey orders they question. Soldiers with army morale of 25% or below but above 0% have a 75% chance to disobey orders they question. Soldiers with army morale of 0% will become an NPC army that does what it thinks it should, and disregards any order it doesn't like. If army morale remains at 0% for too long, the army may turn on the government.

Now, let's talk about some new units and buildings to be added.
  • Local News Station: When the owner either loses or gains population happiness, they may choose to activate a Local News Station. If population happiness would be lost, reduce the loss by 1%. If population happiness would be gained, increase the gain by 1%. Each Local News Station has a cooldown of seven days.
  • National News Station: In addition to the ability of the Local News Station, the player may choose to activate it instead to attack another nation's population happiness. A successful attack results in -5% population happiness for the attacked nation. Each Nation News Station has a cooldown of ten days (or seven if using the ability of a Local Radio Station).
  • Propaganda Officer: A unit that travels with the army. If a Propaganda Officer is present at a battle that results in a gain of army morale, the gain is increased by 1%. If he is present at a battle that results in a loss of army morale, the loss is reduced by 1%.
  • Pamphlet Bomber: This unit is a re-purposed civilian transport. Instead of dropping bombs, it drops pamphlets intended to hurt the morale of the reader. This unit can be used either against military units or against populations. Pamphlets cause a loss of 1% to either population happiness or army morale (depending on the target).[BB says: pamphlet bomber isn't gonna be an actual unit. Transport helicopters and fright transports can perform this function instead.]

Now, as a note, the effects of any one building do not stack if a duplicate building is built on the same territory. For example, having two Barracks on the same territory is the same as having one Barracks on that territory, but having two Barracks on two different territories does stack. This applies to all buildings.

Now then, everyone is going to need to reassign their starting points now that military, economy, and culture are all viable stats, and then use them to determine starting armies and buildings. For every one point in a stat you place, you get 100 PP to spend on things from a specific list, as below:

Military Units You Need 1 Military to Buy
Militia Infantry
Assault Infantry
Towed Howitzer
Militia Technical
Armored Multirole Transport Vehicle [Transport Truck]
Infanty Mobility Vehicle (MG) [Scout]
Transport Ship
Landing Craft
Scout Drone
Utility Helicopter [Transport Helicopter]
Truck
Freight Transport

Military Units You Need 2 Military to Buy
Missile Infantry
Support Infantry
Propaganda Officer
Light Tank
Towed Rocket Artillery
Towed Point Defense
Towed Anti-Tank Gun
Towed Anti-Personnel Gun
Infanty Mobility Vehicle (TOW) [Scout]
Infanty Mobility Vehicle (SAM) [Scout]
Armored Personnel Carrier
Frigate [Light Warship]
Armed Drone
Fighter
Strike Fighter
Multirole Helicopter [Combine Helicopter]

Military Units You Need 3 Military to Buy
Medic
Mechanized Infantry
Medium Tank
Towed Anti-Air
Mobile Howitzer
Mobile Point Defense
Destroyer [Medium Warship]
Submarine
Bomber
Attack Helicopter

Military Units You Need 4 Military to Buy
Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Mobile Rocket Artillery
Mobile Anti-Tank Gun
Cruiser [Heavy Warship]
Refuel/Radar Plane

Military Units You Need 5 Military to Buy
Commando
Mobile Anti-Air
Armored Howitzer
Armored Point Defense
Armored Multirole Transport Vehicle (RADAR) [Mobile Radar]
Aircraft Carrier
Gunship

Military Units You Need 6 Military to Buy
Heavy Tank
Armored Rocket Artillery
Armored Anti-Tank Gun
Command Mech
Assault Mech

Military Units You Can't Start With
Powered Infantry
Towed Ballistic Missile Launcher [Towed SCUD Launcher]
Towed Laser Artillery
Towed Railgun
Mobile Ballistic Missile Launcher [Mobile SCUD Launcher]
Mobile Laser Artillery
Mobile Railgun
Armored Ballistic Missile Launcher [Armored SCUD Launcher]
Armored Laser Artillery
Armored Railgun
Armored SAM Artillery
Mobile Base
VTOL Assault Craft
VTOL Artillery Platform
Turtle Ship
VTOL Dropship
VTOL Heavy Dropship
HALO Fighter
Variable Fighter
Orbital Defense Platform
Laser Kill Satellite
Kinetic Kill Satellite
Light Spaceship
Medium Spaceship
Heavy Spaceship

Buildings You Need 1 Economy to Buy
Small Airbase
Large Airbase
Port
Training Center
Basic Factory
Agriculture

Buildings You Need 2 Economy to Buy
Military Shipyard
Industrial Center

Buildings You Need 3 Economy to Buy
Recruitment Office
Trade Center
Mineral Extraction

Buildings You Need 4 Economy to Buy
Armor Factory
Artillery Factory
Vehicle Factory
Avionics Factory
Naval Parts Factory

Buildings You Need 5 Economy to Buy
Transportation Infrastructure

Buildings You Need 6 Economy to Buy
Research Center

Buildings You Need 1 Culture to Buy
Recreation Park
Barracks

Buildings You Need 2 Culture to Buy
Entertainment Center
Local News Station

Buildings You Need 3 Culture to Buy
Food Distribution Center
Monument

Buildings You Need 4 Culture to Buy
Hospital
National News Station

Buildings You Need 5 Culture to Buy
Historic Site
Memorial

Buildings You Need 6 Culture to Buy
Religious Center
Intelligence Agency

Buildings You Can't Start With
Space Elevator
Space Station
Launch Pad
Military Academy
Orbital Parts Factory
Chemical Plant
Biological Research Facility
Radiological Center
Nuclear Reactor

Last edited by Rotaretilbo on Fri May 06, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

2New System Empty Re: New System Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

I'm thinking about changing the rices on some stuff

https://nations.forumotion.com

3New System Empty Re: New System Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 am

Rotaretilbo

No, you don't spend economy. But having a high economy gives you extra PP, which you spend.

And all the buildings and military units are described in the Various Lists section of the thread.

Note: Towed <artillery> cost 2 less than Mobile of the same sort, and Armored <artillery> cost 2 more. For now, I'm treating the Local News Station as costing 20 and the National News Station as costing 25, the Propaganda Officer as costing 6, and the Pamphlet Bomber as costing 12. All other costs should be listed in the Various Lists section.

4New System Empty Re: New System Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

people who want to can look at the infrastructure and military units threads to check and see if it looks balanced (both within themselves and compared to each other)

I already did and made a few changes, but I would appreciate some other opinions too

5New System Empty Re: New System Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Rotaretilbo

PiEman wrote:Do we really have to redo our whole army?

Yes.
laxspartan007 wrote:onece again, how much are uniques?

Up to BB, but I've been counting uniques as costing about as much as an equivalent unit, IE my Tiger III is treated as a Heavy Tank, your Carrier Sub is treated as an Aircraft Carrier, Seath's Misfit's are treated as somewhere between Support Infantry and Power Infantry, etc.

nocbl2 wrote:Um... We can improve our starting military and culture stats, right?

The only thing the military, economy, and culture stats (the ones you put the 8 points into) affect is your starting army and buildings. There would be no reason to improve these stats later in the game. You can, however, increase the size of your army, build more buildings, and increase population happiness, army morale, and economy (not to be confused with the economy starting stat).

6New System Empty Re: New System Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:46 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

because some people were asking how many points they have to spend...

each stat point in a stat catagory means 100 production points to spend in that category.

you start with 8 stat points.

The categories are military, economy, and culture

example: India has 4 military, 3 economy, and 1 culture
India gets to spend 400 PPs on military, 300 PPs on economy, and 100 PPs on culture

7New System Empty Re: New System Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:54 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

tentative costs for uniques

OB – 12
PiE – 3
Noc – 6
Lax – 30
Civ – 3
Tyler – 20
Rot – 10
Gold – 30
Strict – 3
Ruski – 5
Dragoon – 15
Bacon – 7
Gauz – 30
Vendetta – not-yet-approved-unit
Death – 5
Seath- 10222
bad karma – not-yet-approved-unit

Last edited by BBJynne on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

8New System Empty Re: New System Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:43 pm

CivBase

CivBase

I think Gauz and Rot's units are too cheap... >.>

9New System Empty Re: New System Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:12 am

Death no more

I'd just like to say that you guys need to get all the names unified because ti's kinda annoying trying to search for the equivalent of a another unit...

10New System Empty Re: New System Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:27 am

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Added brackets next to Rot's names for units.
Name in brackets is name on unit lists.

ex: Infantry Mobility Vehicle [Scout]

Also you people can customize your stats/units/buildings now. (Yes, you CAN change your starting stats because of major changes might mean you don't like yours anymore)

If someone is too fucking lazy to do it, send me a PM and I'll do it for you, but don't complain if it isn't what you wanted.

11New System Empty Re: New System Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm

CivBase

CivBase

I started building a military when this when I realized I hadn't... but I noticed there is some missing information for some units. I compiled it all in a spreadsheet, which I then posted in the Military Units Lists thread. If you could fix the missing stuff so I can finish, that would be wonderful.

12New System Empty Re: New System Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Kasrkin Seath

Buildings You Need 1 Economy to Buy
(10)Small Airbase – allows helicopters and VTOLs to operate, allows production of helicopters and VTOLs
(15)Large Airbase – allows aircraft to operate, allows production of air units, and allows supplies via air routes
(10)Port – allows supplies and trade via water routes, allows production of transports
(10)Training Center – allows infantry production (not power armor)
(10)Basic Factory – allows other production
(25)Agriculture – strengthens economy

Buildings You Need 2 Economy to Buy
(15)Military Shipyard – allows production of naval units
(25)Industrial Center – strengthens economy

Buildings You Need 3 Economy to Buy
(25)Recruitment Office – speeds infantry production
(30)Trade Center – strengthens economy (only active with trade routes, more effective with more routes.) Adds +1 Econ when active. In addition, adds +1 Econ for every 6 active trade routes. [It basically makes trade 50% better]
(25)Mineral Extraction – strengthens economy

Buildings You Need 4 Economy to Buy
(25)Armor Factory – speeds armor production
(25)Artillery Factory – speeds artillery production
(25)Vehicle Factory – speeds vehicle production
(25)Air Factory (requires Airbase) – speeds air production
(25)Naval Parts Factory (requires Military Shipyard) – speeds naval production

Buildings You Need 5 Economy to Buy
(30)Transportation Infrastructure – faster military movement through connected owned territories.

Buildings You Need 6 Economy to Buy
(40)Research Center – speeds research times

Buildings You Need 1 Culture to Buy
(20)Recreation Park – increases population happiness
(20)Barracks – increases army morale

Buildings You Need 2 Culture to Buy
(20)Entertainment Center – increases population happiness
(30)Local News Station – activatable ability that positively affects population happiness, has cooldown.
(30)Police Headquarters – automatically raises police to reduce damage from riots and riot length by 50%

Buildings You Need 3 Culture to Buy
(20)Food Distribution Center – increases population happiness
(20)Monument – increases army morale

Buildings You Need 4 Culture to Buy
(20)Hospital – increases population happiness
(40)National News Station – activatable ability that positively affects own nation’s population happiness or negatively affects other nation’s population happiness, has cooldown.

Buildings You Need 5 Culture to Buy
(20)Historical Site – increases population happiness
(20)Memorial – increases army morale

Buildings You Need 6 Culture to Buy
(20)Religion Center – increases population happiness
(30)Intelligence Agency – increases effectiveness of espionage (operations and detection)

Buildings You Can't Start With
(30)Space Elevator – allows construction of Space Station, Orbital Parts Factory, and Orbital Defense Platforms
(30)Space Station (requires Space Elevator) – allows production of Spaceships
(35)Launch Pad – allows HALO Fighters to operate, and allows KillSats to be launched
(30)Military Academy – allows production of command units (other than mobile base/command mech; those are default)
(25)Orbital Parts Factory (requires Space Elevator) – speeds orbital production
(15)Chemical Plant – allows chemical weapons
(15)Biological Research – allows biological weapons
(15)Radiological Center – allows radiological weapons
(15)Nuclear Reactor – allows nuclear weapons

13New System Empty Re: New System Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Rotaretilbo

Just a heads up, you can apply leftover PP in a category to begin the construction of a unit/building that you could otherwise buy with starting PP if you had enough for it.

For example, I ended up spending 95/100 PP on economy buildings. I then used the leftover 5 PP to start construction of a Tier 1 Economy building. So take advantage of the extra PP while we're still in startup.

14New System Empty Re: New System Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:54 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Rotaretilbo wrote:Just a heads up, you can apply leftover PP in a category to begin the construction of a unit/building that you could otherwise buy with starting PP if you had enough for it.

For example, I ended up spending 95/100 PP on economy buildings. I then used the leftover 5 PP to start construction of a Tier 1 Economy building. So take advantage of the extra PP while we're still in startup.

This is true and not something Rot made up.

15New System Empty Re: New System Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:38 pm

CivBase

CivBase

But the game hasn't started yet... has it?

16New System Empty Re: New System Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Rotaretilbo

This is concerning PP leftover from startup.

17New System Empty Re: New System Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:47 pm

CivBase

CivBase

But PP controls how fast you produce something... right? And we can't produce anything until the game starts... right?

18New System Empty Re: New System Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Rotaretilbo

This is concerning starting army and buildings. Remember, each starting stat point grants 100PP to spend on a certain category? If you can't spend all of your points (have leftovers less than the cost of a building), you can invest those leftovers to start a building.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum