IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alternatives

+8
Baconsen
laxspartan007
dragoon9105
Rotaretilbo
BALLINMONK
Ruski
nocbl2
BBJynne
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alternatives Empty Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:11 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Do you think I should find someone else to host, or do you people rather just have it the way it is? (really really slow updates)

or some other option

https://nations.forumotion.com

2Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:16 pm

nocbl2

I was just talking to bacon about this.

The UUU is really slowing everything down. I'm pretty sure most people just want to blow shit up. Instead of diplomacy, why can't we just invade and not have to mass trade with independents?

3Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Ruski

Ruski

nocbl2 wrote:I was just talking to bacon about this.

The UUU is really slowing everything down. I'm pretty sure most people just want to blow shit up. Instead of diplomacy, why can't we just invade and not have to mass trade with independents?

Not really. There's events going on in many areas. Manchuria, Caribbean, and Australia to name a few.

4Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:21 pm

BALLINMONK

I think we should just go on as is, to much has happened at this point and we should just hold out until you are done with school, or start over from scratch......... jk

5Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:22 pm

nocbl2

Ruski wrote:
nocbl2 wrote:I was just talking to bacon about this.

Not really. There's events going on in many areas. Manchuria, Caribbean, and Australia to name a few.
I meant taking areas by force instead of diplomacy to take those areas. It seems battles are just stats, while diplomacy takes a while.

6Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Rotaretilbo

...so wait, so you think that, from an OoC standpoint, having BB run like five or six battles at once would be faster than having BB post a few times in the UUU now and again?

Anyway, my previous offer stands.

7Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:38 pm

nocbl2

No. It would save him time from having to make tons of flavors for independent conversion posts. The charter is preventing that because anyone who did that would be punished.

8Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Rotaretilbo

Not only would military expansion take longer than diplomacy, but it would require consistently more effort per update for BB.

9Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:45 pm

nocbl2

How so? Battles are rolls of the dice. Diplomacy requires RP and flavoring. Diplo can last far longer than battles.

10Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:47 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Diplomacies are easier than battles because I don't have to determine ranges and placements of units, in addition to determining casualties.

That is beside the point of the subject of this thread though. What I meant to say is that I'm not really interested in everything that happens, and those things are therefore tendious to update, but i ahve to cause it's fair

https://nations.forumotion.com

11Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Rotaretilbo

Are you kidding me? Battles aren't just rolling dice. Battles are determining if a tactic is viable, rolling to see just how well it is executed, and then making flavor for the post and deciding losses on both sides. The battle in Thailand went on literally started on March 29 and is still going on right now. That's over a month and a half.

12Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:54 pm

nocbl2

BBJynne wrote:Diplomacies are easier than battles because I don't have to determine ranges and placements of units, in addition to determining casualties.

That is beside the point of the subject of this thread though. What I meant to say is that I'm not really interested in everything that happens, and those things are therefore tendious to update, but i ahve to cause it's fair
Hm. Well, what would make it interesting?

13Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Rotaretilbo

I doubt production is ever going to be very interesting.

14Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 7:52 pm

dragoon9105

dragoon9105

If BB gets a co-mod it could help greatly but said mod needs to be trustworthy and not currently be playing.

15Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 7:54 pm

laxspartan007

i still think a mod for all diplo/annexing exc. would take a load off you back, but it would have to be someone not bias...

Last edited by laxspartan007 on Sat May 14, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Baconsen

Baconsen

dragoon9105 wrote:If BB gets a co-mod it could help greatly but said mod needs to be trustworthy and not currently be playing.

or a current player can drop out

17Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sat May 14, 2011 9:02 pm

CivBase

CivBase

I think you should hire someone else to do battles only (since they seem to be the problem). If you give it to someone else, I foresee a ton of problems that will likely end the game.

18Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sun May 15, 2011 9:51 am

Onyxknight

I believe a second or maybe a third mod is needed(to put where you want) since as of now you have a very heavy load to handle

19Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sun May 15, 2011 1:09 pm

DARTH_ZTNEB

DARTH_ZTNEB

I'm in favor of a new mod to handle battles and events and the like. simply because this game is getting stagnant. i hate to say it, but i agree with lax. ...it hurts to say.

20Alternatives Empty Re: Alternatives Sun May 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Death no more

I think you should add two mods, make them handle aspects such as WU votes or diplomacy.

Now the thing is, who's going to help him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum