IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Research Prices

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Research Prices Empty Research Prices Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:14 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Wolf
Research: 60 PP
Unit: Because of advanced materials, cost increases significantly higher than a normal light tank. 8 PP.

Cloning
Human cloning of full infantry soldiers like in Star Wars (might raise ethics problems with some NPCs, and maybe players): 65 PP (with center)
Cloning soldiers would not actually allow you to train them faster than citizens in real life, but would allow you to create a military class with no other options in life but to serve the state, and would create larger recruitment pools. As such, cloning would create a new class of soldiers called clones (duh). They would be fiercely loyal and have high morale, in addition to fighting about the same level and being slightly cheaper.
- Allows production of clone infantry types.
- Would decrease infantry build times by 1PP FOR CLONES ONLY (minimum of 1PP cost for a unit).
- Normal infantry would train at regular times.

Agricultural cloning for breeding stock, genetic modifications for plants: 80PP (with center)
This would increase agricultural quality and yields.
- Agricultures produce 50% more econ.
- Every 2 agricultures produces 3 economy.

Electromagnetic Weapons
Research - 70pp

Space Elevator
You calced up 85(with center) for researching it
and 30 For the building

https://nations.forumotion.com

2Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Thu May 05, 2011 2:15 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Baconsen wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:"My Research Tech's have begun looking into a new massive research project, Project MEGALITH, It is designed to be a massive self sufficent factory that can produce units at a faster rate while being safe and secure underground area. Through underground tunnels the finished units will be able to surface through the region and regions connected to it. Naval units will be brought to the sea through underground canals. The only issue i have come across is the cost of the project, and transporting resources to the factory to allow for its advanced production."

"Hmm, how about instead of bringing the resources to your base, you can bring the base to the resources? I mean what if we combine my burrowing technology, our recent Robotics research, and this super factory idea into something big? Like a mobile giant factory that can burrow under ground to retrieve the need minerals for production. This giant creation will need lots of power though, UPSA proposes that it should be powered by geothermal heat as a main source of power when underground and when it surfaces, it can be powered by 2 to 3 nuclear generators. I say since it'll be underground we should have the designs based on of the greatest burrowers in nature, the earthworm. We of course would have to make it be worthy of fighting, so what if we give it some nice armor, line it up with turrets and have the factory be able to transport whole armies of my androids, your clones, and our tank forces. sounds interesting?"

_____________________________-

dragoon9105 wrote:"A Giant underground factory that moves around underground running on geothermal.. you mean like a gigantic tunneling worm?"

Baconsen wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:"A Giant underground factory that moves around underground running on geothermal.. you mean like a gigantic tunneling worm?"
"Exactly like a giant tunneling worm, but this one will be robotic, and have guns to protect itself. Not to mention the transport function."

dragoon9105 wrote:"A gigantic metallic tunneling worm (with a chainsawproof heart i hope Razz) We could sink entire cities with this, count me in, I believe the first step (is to technically ask BB) is to begin research Geothermal Technology then nuclear technology"

(Geothermal tech isn't on the tech list i think, so care to hit us up with some numbers bb?, we dont need the cost of the superworm just yet but geothermal research cost would be nice)

Baconsen wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:"A gigantic metallic tunneling worm (with a chainsawproof heart i hope Razz) We could sink entire cities with this, count me in, I believe the first step (is to technically ask BB) is to begin research Geothermal Technology then nuclear technology"

(Geothermal tech isn't on the tech list i think, so care to hit us up with some numbers bb?, we dont need the cost of the superworm just yet but geothermal research cost would be nice)
Well actually,
The whole thing just broken up into to categories would be nice. ^.^
But do what you want, your are the Game Mod anyway. =D

Baconsen wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:"My Research Tech's have begun looking into a new massive research project, Project MEGALITH, It is designed to be a massive self sufficent factory that can produce units at a faster rate while being safe and secure underground area. Through underground tunnels the finished units will be able to surface through the region and regions connected to it. Naval units will be brought to the sea through underground canals. The only issue i have come across is the cost of the project, and transporting resources to the factory to allow for its advanced production."

"Hmm, how about instead of bringing the resources to your base, you can bring the base to the resources? I mean what if we combine my burrowing technology, our recent Robotics research, and this super factory idea into something big? Like a mobile giant factory that can burrow under ground to retrieve the need minerals for production. This giant creation will need lots of power though, UPSA proposes that it should be powered by geothermal heat as a main source of power when underground and when it surfaces, it can be powered by 2 to 3 nuclear generators. I say since it'll be underground we should have the designs based on of the greatest burrowers in nature, the earthworm. We of course would have to make it be worthy of fighting, so what if we give it some nice armor, line it up with turrets and have the factory be able to transport whole armies of my androids, your clones, and our tank forces. sounds interesting?"

BBJYNNE:

As far as I've been able to pick up, and doing a image search, geothermal seems to rely on having some pipes or something actually planted into the earth. For a mobile structure, this would not be practical at all.

Mobile Megalith
(10)Basic Factory
(10)Training Center
(15)Military Shipyard
(15)Large Airbase

(25)Recruitment Office
(25)Armor Factory
(25)Vehicle/Artillery Factory
(25)Air Factory
(25)Naval Parts Factory

(25)Industrial Center
(25)Mineral Extraction
(35)Automated Factory

(15)Nuclear Reactor
(15)Nuclear Reactor
- Nuclear Reactor requires [Advanced Physics, Waste-Heat Elimination], 50pp of research (before any bonuses)

Various Numbers of:
Anti-Air Battery
Autoturret (AT, AP)

General Additional Cost for Armor, Mobility, and Burrowing

RESEARCH LIST:

(10)Advanced Physics
(40)Waste-Heat Elimination
(30)Robotics [Additional Reduced Cost because Applying to Different Purpose, yet you have Robotics Already]
(30)Advanced Factories
(10)Advanced Logistical Systems
(20)Automated Factories
(40)Advanced Burrow

Total Research: 180pp
Since This is a research Co-Op, I think I've been having overhead prices or something, so we can call it....

200pp

As we can see, the research is not the problem with this thing. The main shortcoming is going to be a crippling end-unit cost (if you're trying to build a building). The Stationary Megalith was far more practical (essentially, get rid of the research 40pp for Advanced Burrow and you can research stationary).
The stationary would cost less to build.
By researching Mobile Megalith, though, stationary would also be unlocked, so might as well fork out the extra 60pp for it.

With the Megalith be worth it to make? Yes.
As a unit, it will not be fabulous or cost effective AT ALL; however, by bundling all the buildings and getting automated factories, you'll get more output per price than if you made everything individually.

Last edited by BBJynne on Thu May 05, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Thu May 05, 2011 2:20 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Zombies - 120PP, requires bio lab.

4Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Thu May 05, 2011 2:57 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Onyxknight wrote:
idk how to get them through the tech tree.....so may i just research them?

90PP for Direct Energy Weapons in general

Since I assume you want something like blasters, not just lasers that burn people and stuff

we'll call it 10PP additional to make those

so 100PP

5Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

if 5th gen aircraft are as godly as you say, they'll be more to research and build

you spent a lot on them already, but we'll say that total price for them is 120pp

to build 5th gen, take normal aircraft price and add 10pp to it

6Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

To get kill sats, laser artillery, ect. it's gonna be 90pp of research.

Last edited by BBJynne on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:09 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Range of Laser Satellite (ground) - 1000km = 620 miles

Lasers - 90pp
Sufficiently Advanced Programming - 60pp
Computer Design - 80pp
Communication - 20pp
Detection of Missile Launch (satellite side) - 10pp

Earth Area 510,072,000
Earth Land Area sort of 170,024,000
Satellite area coverage... 3,141,592
54 sats if no overlap
70 sats assumed
1750pp for worldwide land coverage

Last edited by BBJynne on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 am

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Tylertlat wrote:
So, um, is there a battle going on? Because I have no idea why my balooners have seconds to react, just like I didn't know the airport was about to be over-run until eagleland told me to retreat. What's going on?

Ballooners:
What happened with the balloon team is that I had sent a PM describing their situation (ages ago). They were in the forest and a patrol was approaching them. However, this PM has apparently been lost, and the balooners weren't really doing anything except providing another perspective into the NEA09 stuff, so you don't have to respond to them anyway.

Sibaristan:
I pushed most of this conflict through the events thread. There had been an event posting where Sibaristan was losing and Manchurian forces were approaching the capital, where the airport was. This is why Eagleland advised a withdraw.

Additional Stuff:
Why don't you tell Seath or the NPC members of the GLC anything? He's confused, and your ally, and the NPCs don't care but would do stuff.

Tylertlat wrote:
Also can I get cost and approval for these programs?

The Trebuchet Initiative
The safest and most efficient way to construct a “space gun”. Said gun would be a facility which bases a means of propulsion (Coil-gun? Electron elevator? Nuclear musket? A literal coiled spring launcher?) which delivers a payload past the Karmon Line. This would be for several purposes
1. The “Metal Gear Program”- This program would focus on using the Trebuchet facility as a launching site for ordnance. Said ordnance could theoretically be delivered anywhere in the world, would have so high trajectory that you would have to track it from launch to determine the point of origin (or realize that only Usonia has a space gun) and would bypass any missile defense system.
2. “The Sky Surfer Program”- This program would focus on using the Trebuchet facility as a mean of deep inserting infantry or portable equipment.
3. “The Earth Gaze Program”- This program merely uses the trebuchet facility as a means of delivering cargo to a site on the moon. There an Astronomical and Meteorological Observation Facility would be established, which would quickly be expanded into a lunar spy-base
4. “The Mana Program”- This program would focus on using the Trebuchet Facility to air-drop supplies for military and commercial endeavors.

The Energy Infrastructure Revitalization Initiative
energy usage and transportation are two of the greatest slices of GDP expenditure. This is why I want to build a network of highways, light rail, and heavy rail lines in parallel with a system of nuclear plants, solar relay station and heavy duty capacitors. The transportation lines would be electric or capable of supporting electric vehicles and plugged directly into the power grid, which would be built at the same sites as the transportation grid. I am foreseeing this having an enormous initial price tag, after which I should get 2 pp for ever connected region in which the system is built.

The White Towers Initiative
This initiative would provide funding for a series of Universities and government owned Commercial Laboratories with shared facilities. This would not only provide a boost in PP due to the effects of having an educated populace (I'll even take a happiness penalty because the better informed people find stuff to complain about) , but would also allow me to manufacture medicines, providing a health bonus. I again can see this coming with a high price tag. If that works, I'll push the WU to establish a health board which would then decree that all member nations be required to provide a selection of medical drugs to their people, which I will be happy to sell to any nation not willing to invest in their own facilities.

Trebuchet Initiative: Is this a base on the ground or a space station? I can't tell. All the "programs" would be feasible though either way, except that getting stuff to a space station to launch it would be harder unless you connected to space elevator too.

Energy Infrastructure Revitalization Initiative: No matter how high I make the price on this, everyone will bitch to me about "omg tyler gets 2pp per territory, OP!!!!" I'll think about it, but I might end up with a different effect.

White Towers Initiative: This is do-able.

(I'll provide prices on stuff eventually. not in the mood rite now)

Tylertlat wrote:
Finally, make my battle fleet available for assistance to any authorized Jamaican units. When you're free, I'll tell you my battle plan to kill off the pirates.

Okay. You can send plan if you want. Until you do, you're still aggressively patrolling and generally being a pain to the pirates.

White Towers will be a multi-territory improvement. Any four Usonia territories can co-host the Initiative together. (don't have to be contiguous)
White Towers Price is 10pp for research (minimum cost for new ideas, since this doesn't require new technology)
Build-Cost (for trained personnel and infrastructure): 50pp
Total Cost for White Towers Initiative: 60pp
Effect: The White Towers Initiative provides a 40% resistance to biological and chemical attacks on the population. In addition, educating the population provides 1pp for every branch active (4pp total). White Towers also causes the research and production costs of medicines and biological projects to be 70% of their original costs. This replaces the effect of research centres (for these types of projects only).
Remember to remind the host of these bonuses when asking for cost-assessments, for BBJynne forgets a lot of stuff.

Last edited by BBJynne on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:50 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Satellites move 6k miles per day.

10Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Ship-Born Pod Launcher 20pp

Drop Pod 30pp

11Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

The Trebuchet itself is basically gonna be a large-scale mass driver.

60pp Research.

The construction of a massive space gun with lots of advanced materials, chargers for the rails, and computers to calculate trajectories and such would be expensive (probably).

80pp construction.

Metal Gear would just need ordnance types that can survive the trip, or else load the ordinance into drop pods.

Sky Surfer, Earth Gaze, and Mana all require drop pods (since cargo is something you want intact.)

Pods: 30pp Research

Total for everything: 170PP

12Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:40 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

IEAEK(Infantry Electronic Awareness Enhancement Kit)

IEAEK is a special kit designed to increase the performance of all GLC infantry by improving communication, the availability of information, and the capabilites of each infantryman by adding equipment which boosts their vision, such as helmet mounted telescopic cameras, night vision and infrared vision. The kit will also improve their detection of sounds through an audio amplification kit(which can also muffle harmfully loud noises).

The kit builds into the Chem package by adding a HUD visor to their helmet, and a computer module into their backpack.

They should be somewhere near this by now: http://seathhwf.deviantart.com/art/Soldier-163963874

This will increase spot chances (lowering chance of successful enemy hidden units and ambushes) as well as reducing battlefield confusion.

35pp

13Research Prices Empty Re: Research Prices Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 am

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

The Automated Factory increases its territory production by 1PP, and increases economy by 1.

95pp Research (because you can use some tech you [Seath] already have, and research center)

40pp Construction

Currently, no player has Automated Factories, and only one NPC has one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum