IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rotaretilbo Misc.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rotaretilbo Misc. Empty Rotaretilbo Misc. Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:46 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Rotaretilbo wrote:
BBJynne wrote:
[Rotaretilbo wrote:
Send teh sexy choppahs.]

"TO THE BEACH!"

The helicopters fly down to the coastal-artificial capital city of WEU33. They land on a helipad, in the off-shore section of the city. Before anyone can dismount, the helipads shudder and slowly retract downward into the structure they are built into. Eventually a ceiling arcs overhead, and lights turn on. The helicopters are in an indoor hanger.

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
Nifty. The German diplomat dismounts and looks around for a welcoming committee.]

A physically fit man in a black jumpsuit greets the German, "Guten Tag, visiting guest!"

Rotaretilbo wrote:
"Ah, greetings. I am here on behalf of the German Empire to offer trade and alliance. Would you please direct me to whomever I need speak to?"

"Well of course," he says pleasantly, "that is my responsibility, after all. Please come with me." The man leads the way on a short walk, and enters a light rail station. They all get onto one of the cars, and it rushes up and over the surface of the artificial-city, toward the actual coast. The view from off-shore is beautiful, with elegant modern buildings tastefully integrated with the natural beach and terrain.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
"Your city is quite beautiful. I really appreciate the mix of natural formations aside man-made structures," the German diplomat comments to the man in the black jumpsuit.

"Much effort has been expended to keep our nation advancing without sacrificing our natural resources, both in the traditional sense and as conservation of beauty." The train car slows and switches tracks over the natural coast. It then moves along the coast a short way and reaches another station, where the party dismounts and the man leads them on a walk on the beach. They arrive at a luxurious villa on the beach.
"This is his leadership's private residence, where he will meet with you."
The Germans and man in jumpsuit go into the building.
"Welcome, my guests!" greets the leader of WEU33. He is in a suit.

"Greetings. I am here on the behalf of the German Empire to offer trade and alliance to your beautiful nation."

"The German Empire... Geneva is a member of said Empire, is it not? That makes us neighbors then. I have always loved Geneva, personally." The leader seems to be unfocused for a moment, looking out his window over the ocean.
"Yes," he says after awhile, "I believe that trade would benefit us all. Businesses always want more markets.

An alliance is a tricky subject though, as it entails a responsibility to uphold. While I have no feeling against Germany, I must think if I like you enough to pledge my nation to support yours."

Rotaretilbo wrote:
"Trade is acceptable. Perhaps through our future actions, we can prove worthy of an alliance with your great nation."

"Perhaps. Regardless though, may our countries' friendship be long and prosperous."

((You can contact them again later if you wanna. Also, add to trade if you haven't yet.))

Rotaretilbo wrote:"My thanks to you." My diplomat leaves.

https://nations.forumotion.com

2Rotaretilbo Misc. Empty Re: Rotaretilbo Misc. Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:16 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
How many OLRS are needed to target Manchuria?

I looked around and couldn't find any information about satellite relay ranges, so I'm gonna say that each Sat can relay to another Sat 2000 miles away. This would mean that the fourth satellite would be in firing range.

3Rotaretilbo Misc. Empty Re: Rotaretilbo Misc. Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:18 pm

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

Rotaretilbo wrote:The fleet should have arrived at SEA20 by now and refueled/resupplied. Here's my account of the forces.

German Forces
1 Armored Personnel Carrier w/ Propoganda Officer
4 Light Tanks
2 Medium Tanks
2 Heavy Tanks
1 Tiger III
2 Mobile Howitzers
1 Mobile Rocket Artillery Pieces
3 Mobile Anti-Tank Guns
9 Support Infantry
3 Armored Multirole Transport Vehicles
1 Infantry Mobility Vehicle
1 Infantry Mobility Vehicle (TOW)
1 Infantry Mobility Vehicle (SAM)
1 Scout Drone
1 Armed Drone
1 Aircraft Carrier
1 Cruiser
2 Destroyers
2 Frigates
2 Submarines
2 Transports
8 Landing Craft
4 Fighters
2 Strike Fighters
1 Gunship
2 Mobile Flak Guns
1 Mobile Point Defense Gun

WEU20 Forces
2 Assault VTOLs
1 Turtle Ship
1 Armored Personnel Carrier w/ Super Chefs

WEU26 Forces
2 Assault Infantry
2 Commandos

Gibraltarian Forces
???

If you'd let me know what Gibraltaria sent, I'd appreciate it.

Also, while we're docked at SEA20, I'm going to offload the two drones and all ground units, except for the propaganda officer, those awesome chefs, and WEU26's forces (which will serve as honor guards on my carrier). My forces are then to make their way to Phnom Penh as a staging area before I join the combat.

Once they are refueled and resupplied, my naval force is to make its way into the Thai Gulf to meet up with Indochinese forces (since I'm in communications with them, I should be able to locate them). Should they fail to locate or meet up with Indochinese forces, they'll move to their last known position at half speed. All personnel are to be on full alert, with the fighters prepared to scramble at a moment's notice.

Naval formation is as such.

Rotaretilbo Misc. GermanandGibraltarianFleetinThaiGulf

In the event of any threat, I'd like to establish communications with whatever is posing the threat (aircraft, ships, subs, etc) and try to talk them down before they come into range. Failing this, in the initial struggle (before a proper battle thread is created and I assume direct control), frigates prioritize aircraft, destroyers prioritize subs, subs prioritize ships, cruisers help wherever they can, and the carrier rapes the most imminent threat.

4Rotaretilbo Misc. Empty Re: Rotaretilbo Misc. Fri May 06, 2011 2:11 am

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

BBJynne: General Mongkol of the Armed State of Thailand
BBJynne: Commander of the 2nd Air Force
BBJynne: In comm meeting with...
BBJynne: whoever the hell you sent to be theater commander, probably
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: Generalfeldmarschall Michael Wagner
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: Supreme Commander of the German Air Force
BBJynne: ...
BBJynne: you called him
BBJynne: say somethign
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: technically, he called me, at my behest
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: since I didn't have his number, persay
BBJynne: "You told me to cal you, say somethign!"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: Razz
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "General Mongkol, this is Field Marshal Wagner of the German Air Force. I would like to discuss the current state of the Thai Armed Forces."
BBJynne: "My walls are strong, my men are in good heart, bring on your slings and arrows!"
BBJynne: The voice changes, and a scream is heard
BBJynne: "I apoligize, one of my aides was trying to be pointless and ruin this communication"
BBJynne: "He won't do it again... ever"
BBJynne: [Verse] Rotaretilbo is typing a message. AND IT TOOK FORTY YEARS!
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I am sorry to hear that. Now, General Mongkol, let me say this plainly. Your entire military is in disarray. The front line east of Bangkok has completely collapsed. You've lost nearly three quarters of your forces in this region. If the fighting continues, we expect to occupy Bangkok in the week. In the south, your forces are in full retreat. In the north, your forces are pinned. If they move, you open your entire northern flank to Indochinese invasion. We do not even have to press the north to hold valuable forces there. And frankly, that is the best outcome I could have hoped for. You see, General Mongkol, I am hoping to end this war with as few deaths, Thai or otherwise, as possible. Your loss here is inevitable. The only thing you can control, right now, is how many of your men you will send pointlessly to their early graves over the pride of a man who has fled from you."
BBJynne: wow
BBJynne: "My men are willing to carry out their duty no matter the cost; however, it falls to me to make the judgement"
BBJynne: dont respondyet
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: alright
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: Sad
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: I was just going to say nice things about him Sad
BBJynne: "When I see the reports coming in, I ask myself how this could have happened"
BBJynne: "It has become obvious to me now"
BBJynne: "We, who have prided ourselves and soldiers on loyalty, bravery..."
BBJynne: "When loyalty is placed on the wrong individual, it led us down a path we should not have followed"
BBJynne: "Kavila has proven himself without honor, though, so I am no longer bound to follow him any longer"
BBJynne: "The people will see me as a coward, or as the man who lost this conflict"
BBJynne: "however"
BBJynne: "I must follow my own conscience, make my own decision"
BBJynne: "We could hold, fight to the last company"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "The death on both sides would be great."
BBJynne: "we would kill many Germans and indochinese"
BBJynne: shut up Razz
BBJynne: "but in the end"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (I'm just agreeing with him)
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (not arguing)
BBJynne: "my men have followed me thus far, I cannot ask them to die, alone against the world"
BBJynne: FUCK A COMMA SPLICE
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "The people of today may label you a coward, but the people of tomorrow will forever remember you as a man who saved hundreds of thousands of lives, both Thai and otherwise."
BBJynne: "it doesn't matter"
BBJynne: "I owe them a life in peace"
BBJynne: "Men like King Nabahali and General kavila will use others for their glory"
BBJynne: "The 2nd Air Force never ran suicide missions."
BBJynne: "We never wasted men"
BBJynne: "And there was little honor in being careful, when gains could be taken by increased risk"
BBJynne: "Even so..."
BBJynne: "More men survive."
BBJynne: /talk
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "Honor can only be measured by the causes we champion. Loyalty and discipline are useless if we do not walk the good path. I hope you do not feel that your actions today are anything but the most honorable."
BBJynne: "I am dishonored for not opposing Kavila"
BBJynne: "No one speaks against a man with that much power"
BBJynne: "at least no one who wishes to succeed"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "We all make mistakes, General Mongkol. But not all of us are offered the chance to set things right. Will you surrender the Thai forces under your command to the German Empire? A bloodless end to this war that has already seen too much blood."
BBJynne: "I have assumed command of the forces covered by the 2nd Air Force"
BBJynne: "I must request some terms tho"
BBJynne: "My men are not prisoners, they are soldiers who fight for their country"
BBJynne: "They will be allows to return to their homes, after disarming"
BBJynne: "Thailand will not be governed by a foreign power"
BBJynne: "in the absense of kavila, there will not be a witchunt to find some officer to blame for any attacks on civillians"
BBJynne: "if these are met, i will surrender my forces"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I can make no promises at this time, but know that the German Empire agrees to these terms. We will do everything in our power to get China and Indochina to agree as well."
BBJynne: /tank
BBJynne: /talk*
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (can I get Indochina and China on the horn to discuss the requested terms?)
BBJynne: sure w/e
BBJynne: anyone in particular?
BBJynne: both countries have lots of characters
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: hmm...
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: normally, I'd go to Nguyen for support on a diplomatic solution
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: but with the loss of her daughter, I don't know how much I can rely on her...
BBJynne: you haven't talked to Mai Tran much
BBJynne: ever, i don't thin
BBJynne: Mai Tran was created to talk to Gauz, i think
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: Nguyen is the only one I've really talked to; I've just gotten a snobby letter from Chu Pham Razz
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: I think I'll contact China first
BBJynne: Tran's a military person tho
BBJynne: okay
BBJynne: China
BBJynne: has
BBJynne: Kao Peng
BBJynne: in SEA
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: I don't recall his name, but there's that one general guy
BBJynne: the other characters are in China
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: Kao Peng, that's probably him
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: I'll talk to him
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: ring ring
BBJynne: "what up G?"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "Hello, this is Field Marshall Wagner of the German Air Force. I would like to discuss the conditional surrender of the Thai military with you."
BBJynne: "They are surrendering? It's about time!"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "They are surrendering under three conditions, which the German Empire believes are fair, but cannot agree to without consent from our allies."
BBJynne: ((Rot, I don't know of any EU covert forces in place to get rid of lax's lab...))
BBJynne: ((unless you mean tim's dudes))
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (I do)
BBJynne: ((meh, he moved them to lax's AU territories))
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (they aren't like, ready ready)
BBJynne: ((on the main land))
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (but they can be ready)
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "First, upon surrendering, the Thai military will disarm, but after this, all prisoners of war will be released, and Thai soldiers will be allowed to return to their homes."
BBJynne: "acceptable"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "Second, Thailand will remain a sovereign, independent nation, and will not be governed by any foreign power."
BBJynne: "ok"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "And third, General Kavila alone will be held personally responsible for any war crimes committed during this war. In his absence, no other officers will be held responsible."
BBJynne: "what of crimes committed by others?"
BBJynne: "It's possible that kavila was responsible for everything, but i find it unlikely"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "The last thing Thailand needs is a witchhunt that people will see as the search for a scapegoat. While it is unlikely that Kavila is personally responsible for every warcrime, it is likely that warcrimes were committed at his encouraging, or by his example. People were afraid to break from his example."
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "There are likely men who deserve to be punished, but for peace's sake, we must put aside these things. They will have to live with their decisions."
BBJynne: "that is reasonable, but you'll have a hard time ever getting the Indochinese to agree to these terms without some consession"
BBJynne: "I suggest allowing them control of the independent territories"
BBJynne: "that's what this war started over, anyway"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "It was my hope that the independent territories would be allowed to choose their own way. It hardly seems fitting to throw them around as though we own them."
BBJynne: "it might be better than giving a devistated country a chance to appoint a dictator
BBJynne: "it's happened before, many times"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I know. I just can't in good conscience barter with peoples' land. I would rather organize a free election in which the people chose whether to remain independent or join Thailand or Indochina."
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "Their fates should be their own to decide."
BBJynne: "either way, China will support this agreement"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I am glad to hear that. Do you have any suggestions on how we might get Indochina to agree to these terms?"
BBJynne: "don't talk to Chu Pham directly. let his people talk to him."
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "Councilor Nguyen has, in the past, proven capable of looking past the biases others might hold. Do you think we could rely on her?"
BBJynne: "yes"
BBJynne: "I coordinate with Mai Tran ususally"
BBJynne: "as we command military forces in the theater"
BBJynne: "nguyen seems reasonable though"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I am glad to hear that. My thanks for your support. Pass the word on to Mai Tran. We will talk with Councilor Nguyen."
BBJynne: "k"
BBJynne: HURP HUR RHUUU
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (is Mai Tran technically part of the council, or a general?)
BBJynne: Tran is not on the security council
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: (just curious)
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: righto
BBJynne: position is just "militarty" for now
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: calling Councilor Nguyen
BBJynne: since i haven't decided on a ranking system for ICHA yet
BBJynne: jeez
BBJynne: ring
BBJynne: ring
BBJynne: banana phone
BBJynne: "WHAT THE FUCKKKKK"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "Hello, Councilor Nguyen? This is Minister von Essen. How have you been?"
BBJynne: "terrible"
BBJynne: "war is awful"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I am sorry to hear that. I do have some good news, however."
BBJynne: "that being?"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "The German Empire has spoken with a Thai commander, and he has agreed to a conditional surrender."
BBJynne: "i suppose they want to keep their damn missile bases"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I do not believe that was one of the conditions, no. In fact, I believe quite the opposite. They are willing to disarm, and that would include their missiles bases."
BBJynne: ((Working alongside Chu Pham during a war with Thailand is THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD!!!))
BBJynne: "interesting"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "According to Field Marshal Wagner, they have three conditions. The first is that, once they have disarmed, their soldiers be allowed to return to their homes and families, rather than being held as prisoners of war any longer."
BBJynne: "we would ask the same"
BBJynne: "it is reasonable"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "The second is that Thailand remains independent and is not ruled by any foreign power."
BBJynne: "Indochina will not rule Thailand, but we cannot speak for any other countires"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "We have already spoken with China, and they have agreed to this condition."
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "The third is the rough spot, it would seem. They request that General Kavila hold sole blame for any war crimes that may have been committed during this war, as they were either committed at his order, encouragment, or example."
BBJynne: "We can't even be sure he ordered the attack on Phnom Penh"
BBJynne: "He was definitely responsible for civillian deaths during the earliest stages of the war"
BBJynne: "SEA16 suffered"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "As far as I know, he took responsibility for the missile attack on Phnom Penh, but we agree that he is likely not responsible for every war crime committed. However, in the interest in peace, a witchhunt will not do either side much good."
BBJynne: "so monsters will go free"
BBJynne: "And more importantnly"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "Better monsters go free than innocent be punished in a witchhunt."
BBJynne: "We will be sending a message that as long as you pin the blame on someone else, you can kill whoever you want."
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "It is a Catch 22. If we try to catch all the monsters, people will only think that we are searching for scapegoats."
BBJynne: "Well then"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "It will breed resentment in Thailand and set the stage for another war. Monsters may go free, but they will have to live with what they did. I will make a note to talk to General Mongkol about the possibility of Thailand searching out these people."
BBJynne: "if it ends this war"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "From what Field Marshal Wagner has said, General Mongkol is a rather agreeable fellow."
BBJynne: "then it must be nessesary"
BBJynne: "very well"
BBJynne: "we will agree "
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "My thanks to you. I will pass word to Field Marshal Wagner, who is in communication with General Mongkol."
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: righto, let's call General Mongkol
BBJynne: wyt
BBJynne: wuat
BBJynne: stopit
BBJynne: "yes"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "General Mongkol, this is Field Marshal Wagner again. Your terms have been accepted. But before your surrender is accepted, I have a term of my own."
BBJynne: "?"
BBJynne: (yes, he just verballized a question mark)
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "On your word, the Thai will seek out those it knows committed war crimes. If we tried to, it would become a witchhunt, and many innocents would become scapegoats. But I am sure that the Thai soldiers know which commanders committed war crimes under orders and which committed them willingly."
BBJynne: "I am loathe to order soldiers to turn against their commanders, but any commander who did wrong is not realy worthy to command... so i shall do so"
[Verse] Rotaretilbo: "I knew I could count on you."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum