IN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IN

Nation Building Game Site

You are not connected. Please login or register

WEU27 - Razem Milicji

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WEU27 - Razem Milicji Empty WEU27 - Razem Milicji Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:17 am

BBJynne

BBJynne
Admin

On its flight to the Central Airport, the occupants of your diplomatic helicopter look out across the extensive industrial complexes along the shores of River 34. Thick clouds of emissions obscure Central City from site, and the river is dead from pollutants and waste dumped into it. The helicopter passes through the smoke clouds, and it nears Central Airport in the metropolis center of WEU27. After landing, your diplomat exits his transport and coughs. He is met by two men, wearing protective masks over their mouth and nose, who take him to an armored vehicle.
"Welcome to Central City, German emissary! Enjoy your ride, and try not to get killed."
They pass him off to the vehicle's crew, who usher him aboard. The armored VIP carrier is met by another and they begin their drive into Central City.

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
I cooperate with them.]

Inside the vehicle, your diplomat coughs, and one of the crew members offers him a breathing mask, similar to that worn by everyone he's seen so far. "Prolonged exposure to the air here is uncomfortable. You'll find this helps."
"Thank you," the diplomat replies as he puts it on. It doesn't impair his speech.
Something explodes outside the vehicle.
"Just keep driving. We're fine," an officer tells the driver, then he turns to your man, "Every so often militias pop up and try to assert their views. We'd have had you flown directly to Government, but it has active anti-air sites and our engineers haven't figured to turn them off yet."
Eventually the two armored vehicles reach the Government District. A few of the crew members sigh, relieved. The vehicles go to what seems like a cross between military base and center of government. "Dismount, and get that diplomat to his meeting!" the officer order two of the crew members.
Your diplomat is taken to a meeting room in a large, bland concrete building. He is met by a woman in uniform. "Hallo, welcome to WEU27! You can take off your mask if you like. We just got the air filters working again. Keep it on hand though, you never know when these things fail."

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"I was asked to come here and offer your trade and alliance with the German Empire, but it would seem to me that your nation is in desperate need of proper funding. Would you be interested in joining the German Empire? We could probably help fix many of the problems you seem to be experiencing. If not, the offer for trade and alliances would still stand."]

The woman looks offended, "Germany doesn't know about our problems. No offense, sir, but you just got here. This is a proud, hardy country. We can overcome anything. I can immediately say that a trade agreement would be agreeable. WEU27 is always looking for nations to export to. I am curious about your other ideas, so please expand on them."

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"I have only just arrived here, and I've already witnessed an attack by some sort of rebel group, been informed that you've lost control of the automated anti-air stations around this building, and had to wear a breathing mask for my own safety. Pollution appears to be rampant, rebellion is rank and widespread, and your systems appear to be unreliable. I respect that you consider yourself a hardy people, but that does not mean you have to live like this.

German funding could help design safe dumping procedures for chemical waste and probably help clean up the river. It could probably get your air filtration systems working, as well as your automated anti-air stations. We could probably even help clear out rebellions."]

"There are no rebels in WEU27. Each militia has its right to express itself, as the constitution declares. Our militia happens to control the most military, industrial centers, and national infrastructure, but that doesn't make us inherently better than the others. We don't assume to control them, because it isn't our place to do so."
She brushes stray hair off her face before continuing, "Yes, this territory's technology is in many ways beyond the understanding of most of us, and we can't service it all effectively, but to let foreign funds or engineers access it is naturally an aversion to me, and my milita.
I understand that you see what you feel are major issues, and say 'we will come fix this' and I appreciate your concern."

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"This nation appears to be falling apart around you. Whether the militia I saw was expressing itself or not, it was doing so with guns and explosives. This place is extremely unsafe, and it doesn't have to be. A centralized government of some kind, maybe a few laws, and a lot of funding, and this place could actually be safe for people to live in. And what would you give up in exchange? The right to shoot random people in the streets, I suppose."]

"Not everything is made from order and safety. Take this sword, for example," she takes a one-handed longsword from a rack and hefts it, "it is beautiful, keen, and strong. To birth such a weapon, it must be engulfed in a fire. The maker must forge the metal into the perfect blade. I believe the same can be said of the people of my militia. We faced our baptism in the fire of conflict, and we are stronger for it. Now, we can survive anything, and we have. This militia has control of more than two thirds of Central City, including the airport, government district, and automated factories. The other militias remain sovereign to themselves; we respect them, and they usually respect us."

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"A good smith knows that if you leave the sword in the flame for too long, it will be ruined. Adversity breeds strength, but there is such a thing as too much adversity."]

"Aha!" Roksona Kowalska exclaims, "well put, and to continue the same analogy too. Unfortunately, I hold to my views regardless of your words." She sighs and puts the sword down, "in all reality though, I cannot stop the German Empire from sending aid or funding. In the event you do decide to do so, I pledge to protect Germans that entire my territory. My beliefs about the need for foreign support won't keep me from extending courtesy to my guests, or leaving them to an uncertain fate."

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"Perhaps we can come to some sort of compromise. This nation enters the German Empire on a trial basis. Militia rule is temporarily suspended and the German Empire sets up a centralized government. In a month, the militias may decide whether or not they want to go back to the way it was. We would, of course, wish to discuss this offer with the other militias, to ensure that they are ok with it. Do you think that would be agreeable?"]

"I said I wouldn't stop you from sending aid, not that I would open myself to you and let the German Empire set up rule here." Kowalska continues angrily, "My responsibility is to this militia, and I would not live with myself if I were to set aside our efforts for another unfortunate renewal of centralized government. The people of this territory has seen Central Government clear enough before, and we won't see it again!"

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"And you would rather watch your precious nation burn to the ground around you in what is practically anarchy than allow for a month of centralized government? There are no strings attached to this offer. If, after a month's time, it is decided to return to the way things were, the German Empire isn't going to demand funding be paid back or anything of that sort. We simply wish to show you what we believe is a better way."]

"I have learned long ago that there are risks to everything, especially when dealing with forces I don't fully understand. You may say that there are no strings attached, and that may be true, but I have absolutely no way of knowing the truth of your statement. Germany could be seeking an opening to seize the entire territory with minimal casualties, an alternative to a war, or it could be as benevolent as you profess. I suspect something in between these extremes as the truth, but I am naturally uncertain about a foreign power I have no real experience with to control this territory. What I have is your word that the German Empire will pull out after a month, and will only provide good and benefit to all."

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"Sadly, all I can offer is my word. However, under the Charter that the German Empire proposed to the World Union, to break that word would be to break international law, something that would not be tolerated. If we go against our word, you can take it up with the World Union. There are many who would jump at the opportunity to call us hypocrites and condemn our actions."]

Kowalska considers this for a moment, making no response. "The World Union..." she murmurs to herself. "This is an interesting proposition you bring me now. Both the World Union and German Empire claim to protect peace and respect individual nation sovereignty. I think it is time to test these ideals. Here is your counter-offer: this militia will organize WEU27 into single, proper named country. The current militia system will remain in place, as it is our way. My militia will provide official government, and I will allow Germany to participate as a supporting role in the reorganized state (for a month, for now). You get to feel charitable, yet this country remains sovereign from its own people. In addition, WEU27 will join the World Union as a full member and observe its workings."

[Rotaretilbo wrote:
"This is agreeable. I will return and inform my government of our discussion." The diplomat makes a point of putting the gas mask back on before leaving to be transported back to his helicopter.]

Nothing of note happens on the exit journey. WEU27 will form into an NPC nation, and ally/trade with you. You may suggest to them infrastructure to build, and actions to take. You may ask for intelligence/status updates on WEU27 at any time, because you will have some presence there and the nation will be mostly (not always) cooperative.

You can add the trade/alliance to your diplo thread.

[[Rotaretilbo wrote:
Alright, well, first things first, I'd like to know what infrastructure and military units they already have.]]

WEU27 DATA REPORT signed, Roksona Kowalska, leader of the Central Kowalska Militia.
Spoiler:

https://nations.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum